• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

It has begun!!

Started by FastSHO23, August 16, 2014, 10:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastSHO23

Well I installed my 3 bar, 170 t-stat,  & Torrie ' s tune.  All I can say is draw dropping.  Not only was his tune leagues above what I imagined or hoped for. But his customer service was thru the roof.  I goofed on map sensor & trouble with my laptop. Well it's a Saturday I was thinking crap he will be out of office.  I sent email anyways.  He responded within the hour.  Just superb!!! 

If you are on the fence, jump off & email Torrie & get it done.
2010 SHO- 3rd Cat Delete

SHOnUup

You have "unleashed" the ecoboost!!! Night and day isn't it!
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

I'm waiting on a tune update, finally got a good datalog, SCT software and lack of decent documentation has been a little frustrating.

Glad he got you up and running.

FoMoCoSHO

I also had a "problem" with the map sensor.

Started car, didn't want to run, no turbo boost.

Problem turned out being that I am a dumbass and forgot to plug it in....

SHOnUup

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 16, 2014, 11:48:54 PM
I'm waiting on a tune update, finally got a good datalog, SCT software and lack of decent documentation has been a little frustrating.

How is the datalogging with SCT device? Does it stay plugged in and store data for computer display later? How does it compare to actual dyno?
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 17, 2014, 12:14:23 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 16, 2014, 11:48:54 PM

How is the datalogging with SCT device? Does it stay plugged in and store data for computer display later? How does it compare to actual dyno?

Yeah, plug in hit record, stand on it, hit record after pull.

Download to Livelink and E-mail to Torrie.

I don't know about dyno vs SCT but I'm seeing some data much different than what Torque shows, especially LTFT's.

Torrie has a config file he can send you he's getting the specific parameters he needs.

You can store multiple configs so you can make your own also.

SHOnUup

Thanks. Was curious about how it works.

FastSHO23

& apparently I've had it on the 2nd good tune. I still have one more up to go!!!  Tomorrow should be a fun day.

I ran an 8.9 @ 81 mph bone stock.   Can't wait to see what she runs now!  I'm in Texas heat by the way. Bad DA
2010 SHO- 3rd Cat Delete

tmcphail

Awesome, enjoy ! And yes have a map sensor unplugged will make the system a bit unhappy : )
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer