• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Amp and watt question

Started by jtoddk98, August 11, 2014, 10:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

My first car amp back in the day was PPI, it was a monster....

ShoBoat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 18, 2014, 10:01:53 AM
My first car amp back in the day was PPI, it was a monster....

Wow PPI that brings back memories, when Orion was top tier of the amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

Lanson

It is true that PPI, Soundstream, and Orion are all owned by Epsilon now, but that's still way better than their previous owner DEI in my opinion.  Same as Power Acoustik and others, BUT it is also important to remember that their mid and upper end are still really, really good quality overall.  Definitely worth considering.  I merely picked an amp quickly through my supply of options, but that amp could easily have been a Soundstream Picasso or Picasso Nano, or Tarantula Nano model, or a PPI Phantom or Black Ice.

I've read and participated in deep discussions with the new designers of these amps and the brand line in general, and it is absolutely clear that even though Epsilon owns them, the direction they are going is UP in quality and performance, not down to flea-market level.  In fact, the upper lineup of SS or PPI right now are WORLD-CLASS, and worthy to try without much actual expense.  Would I buy one of their subs over one from Jacob at Sundown or Nick at Stereo Integrity?  Hell no, I would rather buy from Jacob or Nick.  But for amps and such, sure.  For front speakers, I usually gravitate toward home speakers optimized for car use, but I'd still rock a set of PPI Power Class 3-way components if they fit the build.

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune