• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Key issue(s)

Started by Sleeper4SHO, August 06, 2014, 03:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeper4SHO

Forgive me if there's a thread on this already. I'm at work trying to use the search function on my phone and its fighting me damn it!

2 different key issues maybe related...

Key #1 is recognized by the car and allows me to start it. Problem is as of yesterday the lock/unlock/trunk functions won't work on the key. Worked fine when I left work Tuesday AM, 15 mins later when I got home none of the buttons work!?! Smdh

Key #2 is not recognized by the car so I replaced the battery. The lock/unlock/trunk functions all work on the key but its still not recognized by the car. "No key detected" when I try to start it

Damn electronics!
2011 SHO w/ PP, White Platinum Met Tri-coat, 402A, K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Cat-back, SCT Livewire TS w/ Unleashed 93 octane perf/shift/boost tune

2003 Cobra, Sonic Blue, Tune, CAI, Pulley, BBK longtube/off road x-pipe, flowmaster catback, 3.73s, viper trans w/ 31 spline input, Ram HD clutch, BBK springs, Saleen wheels, Nitto NT555Rs

2003 HD V-rod, custom paint, K&N, PCIII, Rineharts, chrome everything

ZSHO

TRY checking the fuse box compartment under the steering wheel to the left,you may have to remove a trim panel to access it,check #9,10,or 18,fuse,,do you hear anything when in accessory mode??

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

peppelepugh

I'm in the same boat, i've replaced batteries twice now. Still finicky, car will start then "no key detected" error pops up at least once to twice a week... Thought about taking to the dealer, but i forsee them saying "buy a new key-fob or change the battery...DUH"
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

peppelepugh

when i first got my SHO (its a 2011 non-pp) i could just hop in the car with the key in my pocket and start it, no problems. Now lately if the key is not in the cup holder, it doesn't want to start and gives me the "No Key Detected"
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

curry67

this recently started happening to me. I bought the car used under a year ago so i just assume its the battery. Ive some tsb problems but they never show themselves again like the sticky speedo. one day did it never again.

MDesign Performance

Guys I've had issues with the key fob, in one instance it lost complete reprogramming and I couldn't use it to start the car. I went on the web and found another MKS with the same issue and they unplugged the battery for 20-30 minutes which cleared out all issues. Tried it as well with success, just a free solution if it works.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

peppelepugh

I'll have to give it a whirl! My biggest gripe with it lately has either been 1 of 2 things

1. Hop in car, key in pocket, start car, 5 seconds after car starts... "No Key Detected"

2. Go to hit trunk button by license plate.... nothing. Stretch my arm out with key in hand close to the right tail light/gas tank door.... trunk pops open when i hit the button by the licensee plate.... I also have the same results when i hit the trunk button on my Key Fob.

ZSHO

Try to see if the other key fob acts the same way,sometimes a low level battery will cause the key fob to work intermitenly,only if our key fob had a led light built in showing the status of the battery life would be great.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

04goat

Quote from: curry67 on August 14, 2014, 09:26:41 PM
this recently started happening to me. I bought the car used under a year ago so i just assume its the battery. Ive some tsb problems but they never show themselves again like the sticky speedo. one day did it never again.

Hmm, I'll have to give this a try. 

Last weekend neither of my keys would work, couldn't even start the car with the keys in the "safety position".  A trip into the dealer after I was finally able to get the car started and they re-programmed both keys and replaced the batteries.  I was told, "hopefully that fixes your problem, and we don't see you again".

Well, fast forward to this past weekend and again, the same thing one key was completely dead, couldn't start the car with key in the console.

I did have to replace the car battery a few weeks back, as it went completely dead randomly.  I wonder in the module didn't go to sleep or wake up properly when the car battery died and this is causing it? 

It also seems to be related to temperature, and the temperature in which the remote is subjected to.  Both instances when this happened the remotes were subjected to temps @ or below 40°F for hours.  In the last case I ran inside to the good remote (inside the warm house), and it worked fine, but not the colder one.

Regardless my comfort feeling is not too high with my local dealer (which is in Metro-Detroit).
Toys: 2004 M6 Barbados Blue GTO w/mods - Sold
1937 Ford stake truck  My great grandfathers truck

Drivers: 2012 Acura TSX Special Edition
2010 SHO, 402b, contour seats, nav, & 20's

peppelepugh

I picked my SHO up from Tom Holzer Ford in Farmington Hills. They were pretty solid with customer service, might not hurt to give them a call.

Since then I've moved to Cincinnati and the dealer i go to thats right next to my work is.... meh, they're alright

04goat

Quote from: peppelepugh on November 24, 2014, 02:07:38 PM
I picked my SHO up from Tom Holzer Ford in Farmington Hills. They were pretty solid with customer service, might not hurt to give them a call.

Since then I've moved to Cincinnati and the dealer i go to thats right next to my work is.... meh, they're alright

That's precisely who the car went to when this whole ordeal happened. I work a mile up the road for a major auto supplier.  I had to give them direction in their own system to find TSB's similar to my issue.

First time there they were overly assertive to fix my windshield (which is fine), rather than change my oil like I requested.  This time I got the greenhorn writer that had no authority or clue what was going on. 

Albeit my problem is intermittent, and out of warranty.  But I know the Ford tech hotline system well enough, I call should have been made to them, and I guarantee this was never done.  I've seen the tech hotline solve issues like this in literally seconds.
Toys: 2004 M6 Barbados Blue GTO w/mods - Sold
1937 Ford stake truck  My great grandfathers truck

Drivers: 2012 Acura TSX Special Edition
2010 SHO, 402b, contour seats, nav, & 20's

ZSHO

Its kind of upsetting to know how out of touch these supposedly Ford techs are regarding our SHO,there more familiar and have more knowledge with pickup trucks so it seems.

SHOnUup

Had my key not work the other day after letting it sit in the cold garage for a few hours.

There goes that myth about putting batteries in the freezer...lol ;D

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Keys (like reptiles) seek warm, cozy places like palms or pockets :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Drewstang

I had a similar problem last month, then both keys would not be recognized by the car. Took the car to the dealer, they replaced the module and both fobs under Ford ESP. I also had a PTU replaced, a trans position sensor, and front brake job while there. Total cost was $296 out of pocket.
2010 SHO PP- Ingot Silver and Bone Stock for now