• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LED Lights

Started by jtoddk98, August 05, 2014, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

Has anyone replaced their tail light bulbs with all LEDs? If so, how do they look and what kind of led did you use? I would like to retrofit the 2013 style lights but don't want to have to buy a new trunk lid.
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

panther427

Have you priced out the 2013 tail lights anyways. They are pricey just fyi.
2013 SHO

SHOdded

I think Geswek did LEDs, but his is a 2013.  Not sure if bpd did his also, he has a 2010.  Check the How To section.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jtoddk98

Quote from: panther427 on August 05, 2014, 06:44:00 PM
Have you priced out the 2013 tail lights anyways. They are pricey just fyi.
Yea I priced it. It would probably be around $3k all together with a trunk lid
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

68_GT

2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

jtoddk98

Still would have to get it painted and put the reverse cam in lol. Too much for some tail lights. Probably just gonna throw in. Some led bulbs to replace the regular ones

FracaSHO

I'm mulling replacing all he lights, except for the head light HID's, with LED lights. I found a couple sights and plan on getting around to making some calls. I'll post updates if I end up doing any or all lights.
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Frozen Taurus

http://www.hidxenonlights.com/ford-ford-taurus-lights-c-643_76_206/brake-tail-reverse-bulb-led-replacement-kit-p-707

I got this kit and they sucked ..first they sent me a few wrong bulbs and that was rectified but after pulling out all the factory bulbs and comparing them to the LEDs they sent me .....most were wrong  :-  The only bulbs I used were the plate bulbs
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon