• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2011 SHO. A 400whp grocery getter.

Started by diponyou, August 02, 2014, 04:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diponyou

Hey, fellas.

I've been posting in a few different spots but I figured I might as well condense everything to one thread.

I recently picked up a 2011 SHO. Non PP She has 88k miles on the clock which is high but she was maintained so she still runs like a top.

I got an extended warranty from a 3rd party which seemed reputable so I have to keep that in mind with my mods. I'm hoping to get "in" with the service guys over at my local ford dealer. :)

I was planning on waiting to do mods but that's really not in my nature. The first things I did was plasti dip the grill and chrome bits on the front end. I am planning on doing the rest in the near future.

Next I got a good deal on an air raid CAI so that was in as soon as I opened it.

Next obvious mod is a tune. I did some reading around and for my needs Torrie seemed like the best fit for me. I tend to ask a lot of questions and I like that torrie is right there to answer anything I throw at him.

With that being said I ordered the sct x4 from torrie today and plan on installing the tune right after it gets here. I am also going to be picking up a 3bar sensor and seeing if we can't up the boost a tiny bit.

Here she was right after I bought here getting filled up with some primo 87 octane. :D jk 91 that's the highest we have here unless I decide to go E85.

I'm not going to lie I am proud of this car. It's the newest car I've owned and definitely the nicest all around.

Here was after some plasti dip fun on the front end. I honestly love this stuff.

Before

After

Here's one of the intake. The bay is dirty but I plan on detailing it soon. Along with the rest of the car.

I plan on just doing the typical bolt ons along with some her springs.

I will update this thread when I get more time and when there's change.

2011 SHO 89k on the clock. Air raid intake.
Soon to come-Tune, plugs, tstat, springs, exhaust.
In that order.

ZSHO

Make sure to install the new 3bar sensor first,then load the new 3bar tune from Torrie and good luck with the tide,looks sweet.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Sterling gray metallic, same here. Love this color and in 2011 they only made 485 of em. Looks sharp, keep up on that maintenance and it'll be nice for years to come.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

BBOX

Quote from: ZSHO on August 02, 2014, 07:08:28 AM
Make sure to install the new 3bar sensor first,then load the new 3bar tune from Torrie and good luck with the tide,looks sweet.

Also be sure to replace the right 3 Bar, the one on top of the manifold, not the one before the throttle body, otherwise you get a sad little wrench icon in the message center and your car won't go over 4000 RPM. I speak from experience on this little f**k up.

ZSHO

You are correct to point out that if the sensor is not installed properly your car will run like**** I had the best luck by unplugging the sensor then installing the new 3bar and then putting the car in ignition mode and to wait 30 seconds and to make sure everything is off and load the new updated tune.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TSS

Love the blacked out front end. Great job.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

diponyou

Good call guys I really appreciate that.

I'm going to order the 3bar tonight.

The SHO is going to the dealer on Monday to get the PTU fluid changed and an oil change. They are also going to check it out to see if it has ever been re flashed.

The shocks in the rear are blown so I need to do that. I will just do it when I do the springs here shortly.
In that order.

diponyou

This happened today as well. Was a lot easier than I imagined. The rear one wasn't hard either. I guess I'm just used to working on cars in tight spaces.

I was able to man handle the hose and turn it so the clip was facing towards me 

Drove it around and it's definitely louder. More of a high Pshhhh. I'm sure once the tune comes it will sound different.
In that order.

diponyou

In that order.

BiGMaC

Quote from: diponyou on August 02, 2014, 08:16:04 PM
Just to make sure. This is the 3bar sensor I need right?

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/aa5z9f479b?search_str=AA5Z-9F479-B

Yes.... That's it.  The number on the box... This is what and where I got one.  The part itself will have "AB" on it. Don't know why.  Several pics of this posted here. Enjoy!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

BiGMaC

Here's the pics of the box, label, and part... All the same 3BAR

Heres a link to the text info and expectations:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1023.msg47519.html#msg47519

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

diponyou

Awesome thanks fellas. I'll order it tonight.
In that order.

diponyou

3bar ordered

My shocks are getting bad. I notice that if a road isnt smooth there is a rattling in the front that resonates threw to the gas pedal. Seems like a bushing is bad somewhere.

In that order.

ZSHO

Regarding the lowered springs,would hold off until you get your self some compatible struts,shocks and do them together in one shot ,just my 2 cent.