• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

loud bass

Started by jkeblaitis, August 01, 2014, 04:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkeblaitis

I bought a JL audio 10" W6 in a HO box and the bass this speaker produces is impressive , everyone who hears it thought I had more then one 10" speaker. But the one problem I am now experiencing is when I am driving and come to a stop and the bass hits my rpm's drops and it feels like my car could stall.. I turn the volume down and the rpm's are fine again, not sure exactly what could be going on. . Am I rattling important sensors or drawing to much power from the alternater or battery..
2013 SHO, PP, tuxedo black, Airaid cai, LMS 3bar 93 V8 tune, Corsa black tip exhaust

SHOnUup

Jl's,  meant to run in odd #'s..
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Love the w6. Had a 12" a few years ago.

As for the rpm drop it's because you are pulling to many amps. You need either a dry cell battery in the trunk next to the amp or a large capacitor. Neither of those increases your charge ability. It just helps diminish large spikes in amp draw. What you need to do is monitor your voltage and see how low it drops.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

FoMoCoSHO

You can monitor voltage in Torque...

Kolk1

First off, do what they call "The Big 3". Its pretty cheap, just need some scrap 4 gauge power wire, and some ring terminals.

Caps are band aids and wont help dimming, they recharge as quick as they discharge, thus still draining your battery.

A small 2nd battery will also help, Like a small SVR, is only about $100.

ShoBoat

What amp are you running? What gauge wire have you run to the battery? And where is the amp grounded?
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.