• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New tunes arrived. Making sure I do this right

Started by 11BLKFX4EB, July 15, 2014, 10:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11BLKFX4EB

Well, I couldnt wait any longer, I ordered my tunes from Torrie. Ordered at 9:30p and they came in at 11p. Torrie's customer service is unreal!

I have my 3bar sensor ready to go in and then its time to load the tune.
Is it a MUST to run the SP534's? Did the 2014 happen to come with SP534's by chance? Lol

I plan on taking it easy at first, running a few 1/4, 1/2 and a WOT while datalogging.  Is there a file that someone has that has just the items that need to be logged instead of logging everything. I know with my F150, I had a file that was used just to monitor what was needed. Maybe its the same on the SHO, I'm not sure. What do you guys think?
2014 SHO w/ PP Platinum White
Unleashed tuned, H&R Springs, 35% tint, Corsa catback coming...

2015 Explorer Sport Magnetic Metallic-stock...for now.

tmcphail

It varies strategy to strategy but I have a config file I can send you if you email me.
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

jayskycj

I hope someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure 2014 has the sp534. You need them gapped to .030 to my knowledge and you also need at least a 170 degree tstat.
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

tmcphail

Correct 2014 native plug = CYFS-12-YT3 12405 SP534
Take care,

11BLKFX4EB

Excellent. Thanks guys. And of course, another quick response from Torrie with the config file attached!

11BLKFX4EB

Got really lucky. Plugs are already what I need and already gapped at .030!! Time to change out the sensor and load the tune!

ZSHO

SHOman04 mentioned it also,and when I ordered my sp-534 they already come pregapped at 0.30,just try not to make them to tight,cause of the aluminuim heads.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

PokerMunkee

What's the verdict?   Look forward to your review.  91 or 93 octane?
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

11BLKFX4EB

Just got back from a little joy ride. All I can say is WOW! This car pulls like a freight train now! That 20mph downshift to 1st hit is pretty sick! I don't want to get it too much until I log it and it's safe. Data logging tomorrow.
And this is the 91 Octane. Only have 1/4 tank of that left, then its time for the 93
More reviews coming....

11BLKFX4EB

Ok, after a few days of driving now and an "ok" from Torrie I've been enjoying the car.
Highest boost I saw while logging was 15.5psi. Today, I hit 17 according to my Torque Pro BT adapter.
This is just on the 91 octane. I havent loaded the 93 yet...I want something to look forward to when I return from vacation in a few weeks.
Driveability has been great. This shifting is perfect, not too hard, not too soft.
MPG's are going up. I was at 21.1 and now at 21.3 I havent touched the reset on it since I bought it and I have 1900 miles on it.
Now, I want more. I'm considering the Corsa exhaust. Could it really give me 50 horses as they say? I absolutely LOVE the sound!
Torrie, thanks again! Satisfied customer here. I'm glad I went your route.

tmcphail

Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on July 22, 2014, 10:40:44 PM
Ok, after a few days of driving now and an "ok" from Torrie I've been enjoying the car.
Highest boost I saw while logging was 15.5psi. Today, I hit 17 according to my Torque Pro BT adapter.
This is just on the 91 octane. I havent loaded the 93 yet...I want something to look forward to when I return from vacation in a few weeks.
Driveability has been great. This shifting is perfect, not too hard, not too soft.
MPG's are going up. I was at 21.1 and now at 21.3 I havent touched the reset on it since I bought it and I have 1900 miles on it.
Now, I want more. I'm considering the Corsa exhaust. Could it really give me 50 horses as they say? I absolutely LOVE the sound!

No problem at all !
Take care,

FoMoCoSHO

No way 50 HP.
Maybe 10-15

SHOdded

Glad you're enjoying the tune!  Was the claim specifically for the SHO exhaust?  Or was it an "up to 50 hp" type claim?  Anyway, the real benefits are to be had when you do the downpipes & catbacks together.  The stock intake has proven to be pretty darned good!

BTW, I am hoping we hear something about Spartn's designs in production soon.  He has an air intake and catback offering in the works.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

A tune alone is not consistent for 5ohp,let alone the exhaust,prabably 10-12,hp,if you have the time after you do the mods,have the car on the dyno.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

11BLKFX4EB

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 22, 2014, 11:07:51 PM
No way 50 HP.
Maybe 10-15
I didn't think so. I don't think theres an exhaust in the world that would net 50 hp.