• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First gas fill-up with tune

Started by elund126, July 09, 2014, 07:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elund126

Went through my first tank of gas after installing my tune. My normal MPG was anywhere from 20-22MPG (stock).

Today, it was at 17MPG!!! I didn't feel like I drove it too hard, so I was a little shocked at how low it was. Let's see if it gets a little better.

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

wasinger3000

That's where the "pay to play" phrase comes into use hah.

Around town I get around 17 and highway I get 24-26. Now I'm on e30 so it's suffering. Nothing like the 7 mpg I get in the stang lol.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

68_GT

what tune do you have !?

most including myself get better MPG with the tune over stock.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

elund126

Quote from: 68_GT on July 09, 2014, 07:51:11 PM
what tune do you have !?

most including myself get better MPG with the tune over stock.

Yeah, I was hoping the MPG would go up. I have a tune that Torrie wrote. I'm not sure if it has a "name" or anything.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

SHOdded

You are running 0.028 gap, right?  Go up to 0.030 and see what happens.  That WILL have a positive effect on mpg, likely without detriment to performance.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

tmcphail

If you want an MPG specific calibration all you have to do is ask for it. I do nothing to impact MPG in my calibrations as it stands, that is mostly controlled by your right foot.
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

JohnnyBravo

My first tank "post Torrie tune" was terrible. But my jaw hurt for 2 days from how much I was smiling. Had nothing to do with the tune itself. It had to do with the fact that after he tuned it, I could NOT keep my foot out of it. The car was so much fun to drive, I had to hammer it every gear, every day.

Best 17 mpg I ever got (other than the 9 mpg I get in my blown Viper).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmcphail

Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

elund126

Quote from: tmcphail on July 09, 2014, 08:48:48 PM
If you want an MPG specific calibration all you have to do is ask for it. I do nothing to impact MPG in my calibrations as it stands, that is mostly controlled by your right foot.
Don't get me wrong, my right foot seems to be a little heavier now!:D

I wasn't complaining, just posting my mpg because someone asked.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

elund126

Quote from: JohnnyBravo on July 09, 2014, 09:39:16 PM
My first tank "post Torrie tune" was terrible. But my jaw hurt for 2 days from how much I was smiling. Had nothing to do with the tune itself. It had to do with the fact that after he tuned it, I could NOT keep my foot out of it. The car was so much fun to drive, I had to hammer it every gear, every day.

Best 17 mpg I ever got (other than the 9 mpg I get in my blown Viper).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah. My kids love it too!!
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

elund126

Graph of MPG for the last 3 months. Installed my tune on June 21, 2014. I'm not complaining, I absolutely love my car with the tune. I have tried hard to be a little more modest on the gas pedal the last few fill-ups!!
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO