• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

X4 Questions

Started by PokerMunkee, July 09, 2014, 01:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

Pretty sure I'm set on a X4 w/ Torrie's tune.

I sent emails to Torrie already and got lightning fast responses, but had a few for the community.

Has anyone mounted the X4 in their car?  Any pics?  Does the X4 automatically load up the gauges on startup or must I hit buttons each time?  I know it isn't as pretty as the Livewire, but if I can get the same gauges, then I think it's worth saving $200.  I probably won't have the X4/Livewire mounted all the time.

If I only have 91 octane available, which tunes should I request?  Is it worth getting a 87 octane tune?  Would I see a noticeable difference from the stock tune?

Is the general consensus a 91 octane tune adds 60BHP and 75lb-ft?  Or is this to the wheels?

I think that's it for now :)

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

glock-coma

I have the x4 but do not use the gauge function. I run torque on a tablet.
I believe you have to go through the menu to load gauges on each startup. I will confirm when I get home later. 
They do sell a mount but it does not come with the x4

Not sure  the 87 tune would be worth it.
But you shouldn't see a big difference in 91/93 performance except in the higher rpm range.
Hope this helps a little.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Lanson

Mine isn't EB but Torrie tuned my N/A with an X4 and the biggest improvement has been on-throttle response rate and most importantly, a WAY better transmission shift logic.  Much more firm, immediate, etc.  So, the lower tune to 87 (I run 91 oct tune btw) should still keep those things, and then just be detuned on spark advance to keep you safe from detonation.  But Torrie will know best and share.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

elund126

Quote from: PokerMunkee on July 09, 2014, 01:20:09 AM
Pretty sure I'm set on a X4 w/ Torrie's tune.

I sent emails to Torrie already and got lightning fast responses, but had a few for the community.

Has anyone mounted the X4 in their car?  Any pics?  Does the X4 automatically load up the gauges on startup or must I hit buttons each time?  I know it isn't as pretty as the Livewire, but if I can get the same gauges, then I think it's worth saving $200.  I probably won't have the X4/Livewire mounted all the time.

If I only have 91 octane available, which tunes should I request?  Is it worth getting a 87 octane tune?  Would I see a noticeable difference from the stock tune?

Is the general consensus a 91 octane tune adds 60BHP and 75lb-ft?  Or is this to the wheels?

I think that's it for now :)

I didn't mount my x4. I had it plugged in for the first day or so and I had to turn on the gauges everytime.

As far as octane, he will ask you what octane you use before he writes the tunes up for you. I can only get 92 here in WA.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning