• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013/14 Taurus, MKS, Flex, MKT recall for right-hand halfshaft disengagement

Started by Scott13SHO, July 08, 2014, 12:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggus

Mine was checked and cleared .... good to go until it falls off.
The noise from the rear driver tire was the tire...chopped on the inside tread.  Weird.
2013 unleashed SHO PP

panther427

2013 SHO

Jake360

wasinger3000

Has anyone had it performed?!? Sounds to me like its a wait and see recall. smh...
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

IHeartGroceries

Ha! Yeah. I can perform this inspection on my own. I'm not even going to bother dropping by the dealer. I'll just wait until it falls apart. Fix Or Repair Daily!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on July 14, 2014, 10:20:37 PM
Ha! Yeah. I can perform this inspection on my own. I'm not even going to bother dropping by the dealer. I'll just wait until it falls apart. Fix Or Repair Daily!

You have to actually pull it out of the garage for it to break...

IHeartGroceries

Hahaha! ^That literally made me lol!

2013 SHO PP

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

motorhead

Is there a build date or VIN number for 2014 Police Interceptor Ecoboost Sedan with half shaft problems? Just got recall for license plate light replacement - parts available in September. Thanks.

ZSHO

DID my halfshaft inspection on 7/25,all good,also performed TSB 13-5-14,washer on axles and wheel bearings on both sides.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ShoBoat

Damn, FMC is spending a ton of money on the front end of these cars. Our Explorer also just had the Steering recall done on it. Someone at Ford didn't do their homework ;)
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ZSHO

Quote from: ShoBoat on July 31, 2014, 08:51:52 AM
Damn, FMC is spending a ton of money on the front end of these cars. Our Explorer also just had the Steering recall done on it. Someone at Ford didn't do their homework ;)
Work order stated shop forman drove the car for 8 miles to make sure there is no noise present after performing service,and stated this Ford dealer is not cheap like others,and want you as a Ford customer now and the future.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ShoBoat

Quote from: ZSHO on July 31, 2014, 09:23:04 AM
Quote from: ShoBoat on July 31, 2014, 08:51:52 AM
Work order stated shop forman drove the car for 8 miles to make sure there is no noise present after performing service,and stated this Ford dealer is not cheap like others,and want you as a Ford customer now and the future.

Agreed, the work needs to be done. I have had 2 sets of hubs and the washer TSB applied to mine. Either the parts suppliers have fallen on their faces or the redesign of the PP front end was a fail from the go.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

FoMoCoSHO

Mine is shot. I'm the 3rd one to fail and it is the worst, out over an inch.

I blame Torrie, LOL!

:)

Scott13SHO

I'm going take my car in a couple weeks for the rear license plate bulb recall and the halfshaft inspection...is it even necessary to worry about taking the tune off it?
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights