• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Weird sound after V8 4plus tune

Started by CrazyRacingMan, July 04, 2014, 07:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyRacingMan

I was just wondering if any of you have had what sounds like compressor surge or a cell phone alarm from under the hood. I hear it right before the bovs open under heavy load when lifting off the gas. I have checked all the charge tubing and swapped out a different set of bovs, and I also tried vta and recirculating them but I still get it. Im seeing 15 psi of boost and the turbos just scream under wot condition. ;)

I have contacted LMS and I am working on getting a video for them. It goes away if I revert back to the v7 map and put the 2bar map back in. I love this tune and the service LMS has given me is top notch. I am not disappointed with it I just want to make sure something isn't going to go kaboom.
2011 SHO Air Raid CAI, 170 DEG T-stat, LMS V8 93 Stage 4+

ecoboostsho

Its normal. Well at least a bunch of us have it. I'm convinced its the blow off valves as well. No problems so far!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

CrazyRacingMan

Probably exceeding the rating of the bovs.
2011 SHO Air Raid CAI, 170 DEG T-stat, LMS V8 93 Stage 4+

wasinger3000

I'm at 18 psi with no odd noise on lift. My bov's are vta as well.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

Some users have reported hearing a honk or similar duck-y/geese-y sound with the 4X; perfectly normal.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ecoboostsho

The sound happens with very little boost. The wastegate is going to 100% at very low throttle levels to build boost.  I wonder if it is related to that? Mine doesn't do it at full on boost levels (at least I don't think so). 
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

glock-coma

http://youtu.be/v4Nz2MeLA1E

Here's an unleashed video. Does it sound like this?
This is exactly how mine sounds.  I'm pretty sure it's normal because of the higher boost pressure. I saw 16.7 yesterday.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

bamsho

What the heck was that.  Mine doesn't sound anything like that.  Just the normal PHHHT when I lift at WOT.  I'm running the 4X 3BAR.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

painterpatt

Mine makes the same sound as glock-coma's. Love it heh heh. let off right after a shift or right before you get 2 very different noises
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!