• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

It arrived!!

Started by elund126, June 27, 2014, 08:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: elund126 on June 28, 2014, 02:04:39 AM
I had to order the plugs from O-Reilly's because they didn't have any in stock. I got a voice mail that they are in, so I will hopefully have time to pick them up tomorrow and install.

Until then, I'm trying not to hammer the skinny pedal too much! ;)

.... One other reason to do it before you tune. 

A small percentage of SHOs have a faulty valve cover gasket/spark plug well seal and may have one full of oil.... I found this on the #6 (river's side rear, about 3-3.5" of oil)... You'll want to know and if so get it fixed before you flash the ECU. It delayed my tune, but saved my 70k Ford BTB extended warranty.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

I went to the dealer for an oil change and also to take a look at the rear top valve cover gasket,cause it had a little oil around it,ford tech said we cleaned the area around it and tightened it,to ford torque specs,said could be seapage,and to monitor it for a couple of weeks,if you see more oil make apt and will have to change the whole gasket.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

elund126

Most of the holes were dry. Except the front bank on the driver's side. Had a bit of oil in it.

Here is the old plug.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

BBOX

+1 on Torrie being the balls.

glock-coma

I asked Torrie for a 3bar tune at 4:00.

I had the tune in my inbox at 4:27.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

elund126

Quote from: BBOX on June 28, 2014, 05:48:22 PM
+1 on Torrie being the balls.

I'm trying to come up with a whitty response....but, as long as Torrie is ok being the balls, then so am I. He must have an electronic device in his hands at all times. I was fully expecting to have to wait on receiving my tunes since I am on the west coast, but he had them done in about an hour!! AWESOMENESS!!
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

FastSHO23

Quote from: BiGMaC on June 28, 2014, 01:55:32 AM
I'd change the plugs.... At least regal them to .030.   This will be insurance against detonation (knock) and spark blowout/cylinder misfire.

Both cause sub optimal performance and cause the ECU to pull timing (7.5 degrees max) to protect the engine.

My vote, again, take 45 min and change the plugs. Then you get a permanent smile with your tune
wait this is the first I've seen of this? I have to buy the plugs to have a tune? All I've read we're tune 3 bar & t-stat
2010 SHO- 3rd Cat Delete

PokerMunkee

Quote from: FastSHO23 on August 11, 2014, 11:10:51 PM
I'd change the plugs.... At least regal them to .030.   This will be insurance against detonation (knock) and spark blowout/cylinder misfire.

Both cause sub optimal performance and cause the ECU to pull timing (7.5 degrees max) to protect the engine.

My vote, again, take 45 min and change the plugs. Then you get a permanent smile with your tune
wait this is the first I've seen of this? I have to buy the plugs to have a tune? All I've read we're tune 3 bar & t-shirt

Yes,  highly recommended to change plugs to Motorcraft SP534s gapped at .030.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

jmr061

Quote from: BiGMaC on June 28, 2014, 02:53:01 AM
Quote from: elund126 on June 28, 2014, 02:04:39 AM
I had to order the plugs from O-Reilly's because they didn't have any in stock. I got a voice mail that they are in, so I will hopefully have time to pick them up tomorrow and install.

Until then, I'm trying not to hammer the skinny pedal too much! ;)

.... One other reason to do it before you tune. 

A small percentage of SHOs have a faulty valve cover gasket/spark plug well seal and may have one full of oil.... I found this on the #6 (river's side rear, about 3-3.5" of oil)... You'll want to know and if so get it fixed before you flash the ECU. It delayed my tune, but saved my 70k Ford BTB extended warranty.

I had the same issue with one of the seals on the rear bank. I told the dealer it was tuned. They didn't care. A tune isn't going to cause that seal to come of place.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

ZSHO

DONT be a gorilla and over tighten the plugs,the aluminuim heads are very fragile and just a little touch of antiseize in the plugs and some dielectric grease on the boots and your all set.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: elund126 on June 28, 2014, 04:43:10 PM
Most of the holes were dry. Except the front bank on the driver's side. Had a bit of oil in it.

Here is the old plug.

After about 1800 miles I found about an inch of oil in the #6 spark plug well just like you.... I towed it to the dealer due to concerns over an engine fire... Dealer replaced the head gasket and spark plug well seal, a half day job.  No oil since then.  I believe this is a frequent problem, and primarily related to this particular spark plug well.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Josephm

wait this is the first I've seen of this? I have to buy the plugs to have a tune? All I've read we're tune 3 bar & t-stat

I have a 3 bar and a tune--It does fine without the t-stat or plug
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

BiGMaC

Quote from: Josephm on August 12, 2014, 01:50:16 PM

I have a 3 bar and a tune--It does fine without the t-stat or plug

Don't have to change the plugs... Just might want to do with the miles and taking them out.  The regap is what's important.  T-stat... your choice... a cooler engine (once it's warmed up) makes more power... more boost means hotter combustion.  the 3BAR is about using higher boost.  T-stat is cheaper than plugs and takes 10 minutes to change the first time you do it... if you change t-stat be sure the tune is adjusted to start the fans at lower temps.

tmcphail

All really good info within this thread. Great job to those above that contributed within it.
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer