• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2015 Edge

Started by Scott13SHO, June 25, 2014, 12:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2014/06/24/all-new-2015-edge-showcases-fords-best-technology--more-driver-a.html

I was looking at the specs on it, and we are looking at the donor for the next gen Taurus/MKS...the width of the car is 2 inches more then the Fusion, so that would help keep the two apart...I'm sure we'll see another inch or two in the wheelbase also.

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

PokerMunkee

Dam, that looks great.  A little close to the Santa Fe though on styling.

Love the physical heated/cooled seat buttons.  Those seats are awesome too.  No 365HP EB?

I like the 180 front camera.  Hopefully a 360 camera will be standard on ALL cars soon.  I could really use on in the front when parking!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

Scott13SHO

Quote from: PokerMunkee on June 25, 2014, 12:21:21 PM
Dam, that looks great.  A little close to the Santa Fe though on styling.

Well technically the Santa Fe would be ripping off the last gen Edge styling wise...the new edge and old edge are close to one another outside of the scuplted sides on it.
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

SRT82ECOBOOST

Just my guess here, but my gut tells me that the 2.7L Ecoboost engine is going to finds its way into the Fusion. With some bolt-ons in play, a 400hp AWD Fusion does not sounds like a bad thing.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

wasinger3000

"The strength of the compacted graphite iron cylinder block allows the 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine to produce impressive power and torque for its size. Compact and efficient, the all-new engine can produce the power and torque of a mid-range V8.

Expected to deliver more than 300 horsepower, this 2.7-liter EcoBoost will ensure Edge Sport is the highest-performance Edge ever."

I wonder what "more than 300hp" will be... Cant wait to check out the 2.7 in person sometime.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.