• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2015 Mustang Ecoboost

Started by southtxSHO, June 15, 2014, 10:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtxSHO

Found a couple of vids of the Ecoboost stang . Has some pretty nice features .

http://youtu.be/HrNpFAj2Ic8

http://youtu.be/xdbxWPqTCA0

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

pauly_gxp

The factory gauges in the dash are pretty cool.  I guess I really like the toggle switches and the red push button start.  Fairly quick car too!

BiGMaC

Has me wondering why they didn't use the 3.5TT.... Worried about competition for the 5.0?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

wasinger3000

Quote from: BiGMaC on June 15, 2014, 08:32:51 PM
Has me wondering why they didn't use the 3.5TT.... Worried about competition for the 5.0?
I think so. The 2.7 is supposed to make some very impressive numbers though. Can't wait to see how it does.

Sent using smoke signals.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

QuickSilver

I grabbed an issue of Mustangs and Fast Fords while waiting in an airport a few months ago and they were reporting(with certainty) that the top motor would have a 4.4l V8 EB motor. Wonder what happened there :(
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

bamsho

Wonder if that will be the motor for the new GT350?
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

wasinger3000

Hummm.... nothing wrong with the twins. Just need a little more displacement. Like a hand crafted 5.5 amg.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

BiGMaC

Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 16, 2014, 04:34:06 PM
Hummm.... nothing wrong with the twins. Just need a little more displacement. Like a hand crafted 5.5 amg.

I drove them, and they are sweet! ... But I can have 2 heavily modded SHOs for the price, IMHO better electronics, and just as much comfort... That's how I decided anyway.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

FastSHO23

I'm curious, are they not putting the 3.5 L. Any more?  Any car going to have the tt?
2010 SHO- 3rd Cat Delete

BiGMaC

Quote from: FastSHO23 on June 16, 2014, 08:54:38 PM
I'm curious, are they not putting the 3.5 L. Any more?  Any car going to have the tt?

I gather that engines are getting smaller, and cars lighter due to need for manufacturers selling cars in the U.S. to meet newer CAFE requirements.... 35.5 mpg by 2016 and 53mpg by 2025.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/08/28/obama-administration-finalizes-historic-545-mpg-fuel-efficiency-standard

May want to keep the SHO (and other performance cars you may own) in good shape as they become less and less easily replaced.

wasinger3000

I dont want to know what 53 mpg will look like in a "sports" car.

crash712us

They will be hybrids. Like porsche 918 or mclaren p1. At least that's what my ford engineer tells me. That all cars will be hybrids soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

ShoBoat

Quote from: crash712us on June 17, 2014, 11:24:32 AM
They will be hybrids. Like porsche 918 or mclaren p1. At least that's what my ford engineer tells me. That all cars will be hybrids soon.

And La Ferrari, it's also a hybrid. The face if what is to come.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

wasinger3000

What about those who love the sound of a internal combustion engine  raging threw the gears....  I like the 918. Top gear did an excellent review of it.

SwampRat

Quote from: FastSHO23 on June 16, 2014, 08:54:38 PM

The 3.5 EB will continue in Fords line up in at least the F150 , Expedition and Navigator for sure .
No one is saying anything  about transverse applications .
The 2.7 EB is slated for ONLY  for the F150 as a replacement for base V6 and  the 3.5 EB will  still be a HUGH factor in F150 production .

Ford Deutsche Bank Global Market conference .pdf below

http://corporate.ford.com/doc/371/603/ir_20140114_Deutsche_Bank_Presentation,0.pdf
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST