• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Started by BBOX, June 12, 2014, 01:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBOX

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Better camera --> Better pictures --> Rumors of an upcoming RoTM/RoTY candidate?  :D

Very nice progression (barring the smackdown).  Maybe some underhood upgradesto come (cosmetic/power)?  Looking forward to all of it!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TSS

I am so glad you posted - I am having some work done on my car in the next 2 weeks and was thinking about body coloring the rear lower valence or getting an ecoboost rear appearance package bumper/valence. After seeing your "before" photo, it just doesn't look right without the rest of the appearance package features - good move to paint it black IMO. And now I don't need to do the body color mod! 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

TSS

I figured out all the parts and even if I could get all the painting done on the barter system (which I can), the parts themselves were more than I wanted to spend...I think I stopped counting at about 4000.00.....head lights alone are about 1100 each....  then you need side rails, rear bumper and valence, front bumper, body colored large trunk strip, etc etc.  If you left the headlights alone (I personally am not crazy about the tinted lights), I think I still came up with about 2000 in parts plus painting.  Like I said, I considered JUST doing the rear bumper/valence, but after seeing your photo (and your updated photo) decided against that today.  I feel it needs to be all or nothing. LOL.   I am getting all the light grey in my grill body colored though - leaving the chrome....just getting rid of all the light grey.

Bottom line for new buyers, if you want the appearance package, get a car that came with it from FORD, or find a donor car from a flood or  hail storm....because we basically need plastic parts from all sides. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Husker02GT

Looks Great! How's the clearance on the 3D Carbon Kit w H&R's?
2011 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - 3D Carbon Spoiler - Tinted Tail lights - 35%F/15%R Window Tint - Powerstop Slotted & Drilled Brakes - MGP Lincoln Caliper Covers - Airaid Intake - MORE TO COME

2002 Ford Mustang GT - Saleen Clone - Full Authentic Saleen Body/Graphics Kit - 18" Chrome Saleen Wheels - Eibach Pro Kit Springs - Tokico Blue Shocks/Struts - Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates - Powerstop Slotted/Drilled Rotors - HPM Subframe Connectors - MAC Cold Air Intake - C&L Intake Plenum - BBK 75mm Throttle Body - Steeda Underdrive Pulleys - Bama 93 Octane Tune - UPR Off-Road X-Pipe - Magnaflow Catback - Pro 5.0 Short throw Shifter - Pioneer AppRadio 2 - Saleen Indiglo Guages - Saleen Pedals - Saleen Build Plate

SHOdded

Time for air suspension, a la bigmoneycloser :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Coilovers are a great option, though they are missing the remote control coolness factor :)  Would definitely have to give up some trunk space for the air equipment, though the system should be sized smaller for the MKS and take up less room than in the case of X.

markssho

Looks great. Nice color too! ;-)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

SHOdded

Keep on rockin'!  Sleeper my a** :D

ZSHO

BBOX you will probably surprise a lot of people at the track,maybe even myself,the ride looks sweet,good luck.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|