• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Programming your Ford (write to PCM)

Started by ShoBoat, June 10, 2014, 01:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoBoat

Apparently you can program all kinds off things, like global open and close windows. I wonder if this method would work for other Fords? He seems to Have the Focus nailed!

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-electronics/20866-focccus-pc-app-built-editor-all-around-reprogrammer.html
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOdded

100 pages of posts, holy cow!  Nice find, ShoBoat :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ecoboostsho

Looks like I've got some reading to do...that is going to take a while to digest!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ShoBoat

I wonder if the Ford IDS software can be used with a MX Bluetooth adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

jmr061

Quote from: ShoBoat on June 10, 2014, 12:05:52 PM
I wonder if the Ford IDS software can be used with a MX Bluetooth adapter?

no it can't

Jason
16 Edge Sport

ecoboostsho

So what they did is pretty awesome.  That said it requires access to an IDS tool and a ton of knowledge about the particular ECU.  I'm probably 99% confident that the Taurus ECM is different.  Even then you would still need to know the addresses of all the specific parameters.  I'm honestly more of a hardware engineer than a software developer so that is a bit over my head sadly.  I would not recommend trying any of those programs on your car (not that anyone was thinking about it).  I'm pretty sure the results would not be pleasant if it could even write to the ECU.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

jmr061

What they are doing is back dooring the as built data. IDS can change done options however they don't indicate what exactly is being changed. A map of the as built data for each vehicle would be nice. The latest version of IDS allowed me to enable global closing (BCM) on my 2013 SHO and I figured out how to add the menu item to enable or disable it in the IPC but it doesn't work anyway. So they 13 must just not be capable. 

Jason
16 Edge Sport

ShoBoat

I read somewhere that from 13 onward there is further encryption than before. Making it more difficult to tamper with.