• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

'14 Explorer Sport 3.5L EcoBoost

Started by mulletmobile, June 08, 2014, 09:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mulletmobile

So after 10 years (and about $20k in extended warranty repairs) it was time to sell the 2004 Excursion Limited 6.0L.  It was a sad day, but I could not take the $3k-$5k every time it went in to the shop now that I was out of warranty.  Someone wanted it more than the wife needed it so we brought home a new 2014 Explorer Sport.  Hands down I love this vehicle so far (ok so one week old), but we have the Pursuit ones at work and I love driving them.  Ingot Silver (wanted Ruby Red but needed one in short order and the Ingot Silver looks good.  Happy wife happy life...
2014 Explorer Sport 3.5L EcoBoost (replaced the 04 Excursion 6.0L)

SHOdded

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new X!  Hope your ride serves you well through the years.  Love to see pix :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Good to hear the 6.0h no is in the past. Hope the sport works out for you!

Sent using smoke signals.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

noidster

2016 Explorer Sport, Liv Tune, T stat, intake,

PokerMunkee

Trying to get the wifey to want one of these when her 2007 Durango gets replaced.  She thinks they are too low to ground and not big enough, but I think otherwise!

Post up some pics!

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4