• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Newbie from New Orleans

Started by coop6, May 31, 2014, 08:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coop6

Hello everyone,

I live in New Orleans, LA.  I currently drive a 07 Mustang V6.  I sold my 04 Mach 1 to buy my wife a '11 Escape limited.  I'm currently doing my research to make the best decision possible when I get a new car.  Hopefully by end of the year.  I want to spend less than 22k.  DO NOT want more than a 400 monthly payment.  Less would be better though.  I'm a Mustang guy, and will have a hard time not going that route but I'm trying to be more practical.  I'm a golf pro and travel to tournaments prob 10 times a year plus visit family which is a 3 hr drive probably once a month.  Cars I'm considering are in order of what I "like" the most, 11-13 Mustang GT, 10-12 SHO and 13/14 Focus ST. 

That being said, does anyone have experience with all of the above?  If I can't get a 13 GT I prob won't go that route.  Could get an almost new ST, so that's appealing.  But the sho would be the most comfortable DD of the bunch. I love speed and care little about MPG (helps some though).  I don't drag race, just some spirited driving.  I do LOVE the V8 sound though, but love the idea for AWD in the sho.  AS you can see I'm confused.

HELP!!!

panther427

By the time you buy you could probably get a used 13 sho for a good deal.  They had a few upgrades especially brakes that makes this a good idea.  Awd is nice for launchin the car and bad weather.  But tires still make the biggest improvement.

So........ I would find a St and get it for a long test drive over night if possible. There are alot of low mileage ones on dealers lots. Only thing I can think is the fun wore off quick.   The Taurus is a perfect daily Driver. Power to keep you entertained. Comfort for long drives stealth when needed.

I'm not a base model mustang fan I only get excited about special ones like cobras or Shelby's.   

As for me I miss the v8 sound and manual trans.
2013 SHO

coop6

Quote from: panther427 on May 31, 2014, 08:43:58 PM
By the time you buy you could probably get a used 13 sho for a good deal.  They had a few upgrades especially brakes that makes this a good idea.  Awd is nice for launchin the car and bad weather.  But tires still make the biggest improvement.

So........ I would find a St and get it for a long test drive over night if possible. There are alot of low mileage ones on dealers lots. Only thing I can think is the fun wore off quick.   The Taurus is a perfect daily Driver. Power to keep you entertained. Comfort for long drives stealth when needed.

I'm not a base model mustang fan I only get excited about special ones like cobras or Shelby's.   

As for me I miss the v8 sound and manual trans.

That is what I would be afraid of with the ST.  AS for the Mustang I'm fine with the base GT, but prefer the A6 trans.  How is the reliability of the SHO?  I'd prob have to get one with 50k miles if I find a '13.  Also, I'll burn a lot of money on the GT as I love to mod my cars.  I wouldn't do much on the other two as I don't like the sound of 4 and 6 cylinders with exhaust.  Catted DP and tune would be about it.  Thanks for the info!