• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

I just paid way to much for set of TSW Nurburgings.

Started by Kolk1, May 30, 2014, 06:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolk1

But they came attached to something that was pretty.

Yes I still have the SHO, but the reason I havent posted much over the last couple months is ive been very busy. Bought and flipped a car for a huge profit that needed some work, then ended up selling my bike (good friend was seriously injured so I decided to take a break from riding). So since I had a good chunk of money from flipping a Genesis, and I just sold my bike, I decided to use all that cash and buy another toy. lol

Z51, 6 speed manual, 6.0L LS2, has intake, corsa cat back exhaust with Z06 Xpipe, TSW wheels, sound deadening kit, carbon fiber center console and gauge bezel, Z06 rear spoiler, Led tail lights, and little stuff like that.

Soon plans:
Double din radio
ZR1 Style front lip
Long tube headers and a tune.

After that, save up until winter rolls around, then ill either try and find a used blower, or just do a better intake manifold, heads and cam, and better clutch.

I live near St Louis, and the car was up just north of Boston. So me and the wife flew out there on Wed morning and picked it up. Then did a road trip on the way back, went to Niagara falls, Lake Erie, hard rock hall of fame, and stuff like that.

Dxlnt1

I hope you feel horrible enough to get over that buyers remorse. Terrible thing spending that kind of money for wheels!

But nice pick up though. Looks hot!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

Nice, nice, nice!  Post up some more detailed pics (interior, engine bay, etc) and sound/video clips as time permits :)

Sorry to hear about your friend, hope recovery is going ok.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Kolk1

He spent about 3 weeks in ICU, hes home now, walking again, and doing a lot better. But just going to need more surgeries down the line.

Car still needs a good detail job. He plasti dipped the whole car Blaze orange, and I just got home last night, and removed it this morning. Ive done a base coat of wax, but thats about it. Im thinking about taking it to my buddy that does professional detailing, and let him go at it.

SHOdded

Great to hear, best wishes for complete recovery!

I think the Vette would look good in pretty much ANY color, frankly :)  It WOULD be killer to have a professionally sealed finish tho, no question!  Give BiGMaC a run for his money ;)

BTW, I thought you were based in St Louis, no?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Kolk1

I live in Alton IL, about 10 minutes from St Louis. I flew to Boston to pick it up.

geswek

I'm shocked at the costs on Chevy's at moment; wonder if it's a byproduct of recalls. Camaro ZL's are going for 40k on Autotrader.

Kolk1

Well, I already replaced the Radio, and added a backup camera. I also just swapped out the transmission fluid last week, felt pretty notchy when I got the car, and was blocking me out of first gear a little bit. Seems fixed now, or at least a million times better. Did Royal purple fluid. Also bought one of those 3 inch wind deflectors (kinda helps) that goes across the top of the windshield for when you take out the targa top. I also just got a new set of headlight lenses for it, old ones are a little foggy, even had a pro try and clean them, helped but not perfect. Ill probably do that once the stereo system is wrapped up.

I do plan on doing a "nice" build in this car, but for now, I need to be able to hear my music with the top off. So ill call this my Quick Build, until winter. Then I go all out and do a set of high end front components, ill probably do the Hertz HKS 165XLs, I have them in my SHO, and love them, then fiberglass box and amp rack and so on.

I do car audio for a living, so most of this stuff I already owned, but overall, it should work nicely for now.

Radio:
Pioneer 6.1 DVD with blutooth and HD radio. Used GMOS-04 Harness, and Metra Dash kit, and Metra antenna adapter.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-...3600&cp=1&lp=2

Fronts:
Pioneer Kevlar 6.5 Components
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-6-1-2-component-speakers-with-kevlar-and-basalt-woofer-cone-pair/8715492.p?id=1202648996067&skuId=8715492 &st=categoryid$abcat0302005&cp=1&lp=1

Rears: I normally dont do rears, but my 4 channel is more than enough for the fronts without being bridged, so maybe later after I upgrade the fronts, ill then bridge it to just the front speakers.
Pioneer Kevlar 6.5 Coax
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-6-1-2-2-way-coaxial-speakers-and-basalt-woofer-cones-pair/8772633.p?id=1203815923153&skuId=8772633 &st=categoryid$abcat0302005&cp=1&lp=5

Metra Back up Camera:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-li...mera&cp=1&lp=1

Alpine 4 channel amp, MRP-F300
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500MRPF...-f300&skipvs=T

Alpine Mono Sub amp, MRP-M1000
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8aawfiZ...MRP-M1000.html

Alpine 12inch Type S (way overkill, but matches amp better)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081IOKC2

Truck Sub box:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-12...0box&cp=1&lp=1

Heres the car, When I bought it, it was plasti dipped BRIGHT orange, and while I did get a ton of thumbs up during the long drive home, it just wasnt for me. So ive been working on getting the orange out of all the little nooks and crannies. Dip Dissolver and a power washer did amazing job of getting it out of all the cracks. Hopefully I think Im done. lol

This is where I started the mock up of the amp rack, and trying to figure out how Im going to fit everything.

Little bit of carpet on the amp rack, clean up the edges and I think its good to go.

Ill get pics of all the speakers, and the radio tomorrow. Today I made the amp rack, and getting all my wiring lined out, seeing what I already have, and what I need to buy. And just getting everything straightened out for a easy install. I also did buy a set of 10inch to 6.5 adapter plates for the front doors, that I found online for the front doors. I figured for $15 id try them out. I wish they were thicker, they do seem pretty solid, but i might use them as a template and make a 2nd layer out of ABS so I can double them up, or just wait and see how they feel after mounted to the door, the speaker, and wrapped in dynamat first. lol

TuxedoSHO

Damn you! I've been looking for a 6 speed C6 for a while now. Looks like you beat me to it lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Rapid Spec 402A, Non-PP
K&N CAI, Livernois Catted Downpipes, Corsa Catback, Livernois Stage 4+ X Tune, EBC Slotted Rotors, EBC Red Stuff Pads, LMS 160* Thermostat, 3 Bar Map Sensor, Colder NGK  Iridium Plugs, BOV VTA,
20" TSW Nurburgrings Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 15% 3M Tints All Around, Tinted Tail Lights, Dipped Tail Light Chrome, Grille & Fogs
Best Time Yet: 12.76 @ 107MPH

goblues38

Nice kevin.

reminds me of my youth....but in reverse order

I was taken out on my fzr600 (1992).  spent 6 months in the hospital.  Being 20 years old, and working in the car stereo biz, i took most of the insurance settlement and bought a brand new (then) 1992 yellow c4 corvette.  first of the 300hp LT1's and 6 speed.

promptly did new exhaust, intake, and 3 10's.  I used to compete in iasca events with that car.

met my wife and she made me sell it when she had to ride home with a 50lb bag of dog food in her lap.

2013 SHO w/pp
     -35% tint
     -relay wired to have parking lights on any time car is running
     -SCTx4 (Torrie Tune)
2014 Explorer Sport

mval

nice kev, my friend with challenger r/t has an '06 vette. i get confused about which engine but it hot w/6 speed & a tune. his is black as well but vert,personally i like coupe better.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Kolk1

Took a couple pics of it just seeing how it looked installed now that its carpeted. I got off work at 6, and spent about 4 hours wiring the car, and did the front doors, I pretty much have everything wired up, just need to do some wire cleanup under the amps, and connect it to the battery. Id guess probably about 2-3 hours left, and its done... for now.

I ended up putting the Kicker QS's in the front for now, just seeing how it sounds like this first.

Heres just some of the stuff I have laying around I was debating on installing. lol

Top to bottom, Alpine Type Rs, Polks, Kicker QS, and then 8 inch Daytons. I have a 2nd stash at work. lol

SHOdded

How did you mount the amps at an angle like that?  Is it for looks, or isolation, ...?

Kolk1

I  made a template of the bottom of the amp, and traced that out onto some 1/4 inch MDF, then propped it up with some 2x2s that were cut at a angle on top.

I mounted them at an angle because I couldnt fit them flat, or If I wanted to go flat they would of been stacked on top of each other. Its also pretty easy to do, and looks cool/different.

The doors on these cars are super simple to remove, so I went ahead and just did my basic Polk Components for now. Right now the amp is just bridged to the front doors. Way overkill for these polks, I almost did the Kicker QSs, but their crossovers are huge, and I wasnt in the mood to deal with that. So I thought id try out the polks for now, and if they arent enough, then at least I have a base for how much further I need to go to get the volume I want. But right now, it sounds a million times better, and gets pretty loud in my garage. Real test will be when I get on the highway with the top off. I dont expect it to be loud then, but I want to easily hear my music.

And yes, the targa top still fits in the trunk.

Kolk1

Just realized I didnt post photos of the radio. Forgot to take pics of the actual Polks that I installed too. Oh well.

Back up camera automatically turns on in reverse, but I can also turn it on any time I want as well. Not sure why id want to, but hey, I can. lol

Mounts behind plate, and pokes over the top.

Pioneer while playing the radio. You can change all the graphics, and colors, im still undecided. I did white and red to match the gauges, white is easier to read so I made the buttons white, with a red screen.

And the Mic mounted above the rearview, I doubt it will work with the top off if on the highway. lol