• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stainlessworks downpipes, need good and bad

Started by bamsho, May 27, 2014, 01:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

Hey guys, need honest input here.  I found a online vendor selling StainlessWorks downpipes for $726 free shipping.  I need the good and bad before I commit to this.   I have to buy catted as of emissions. 

Thanks

Brian
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

panther427

There has been at least one person not pass with s w cat down pipes.
2013 SHO

SRT82ECOBOOST

How much are the non-catted versions running for at this vendor?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

black99lightning

I have the non catted PPE pipes.  I'd buy them again.

Holding out for a group buy/sale on Explorer pipes.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

ZSHO

I purchased my catted Sw Dp beginning of the year,make a long story short cost me more money in labor for install cause the bung for 02 sensor is on the wrong side,had to modify it,week later check engine light came on po420and po430,.cheap cats car wont pass emmissions,ordered PPE DP guaranteed to pass.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHODYOU

I have noncatted SW
Love em, they fit great, 304 ss... def great quality. They are very tight to lower shrouding but they do clear.

I cant speak for catted version and emissions but id def buy these again.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

Courier6

Not sure I would risk it, PPE's will pass emissions test.
2013 Tri-White PP, PPE downpipes, Corsa, Air Raid CAI, H&R Springs, 170 deg thermo, Livernois Dyno Tune 365 AWHP 407 AWTQ. Best 1/4 mile 12.580

FoMoCoSHO

Buy PPE!

They are well built, will pass emissions, and it helps support the forum.

Win for all!

ZSHO

Fomocosho is absolutely correct,lets try to support the forum,a while back I ordered a part from Ecoboostpowerparts,it took almost 2months for del,just kept patient,and placed order for PPE catted pipes with Mike B,great service and responds to emails asap,GO ECOBOOST POWER PARTS.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FracaSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on May 28, 2014, 09:29:02 AM
Fomocosho is absolutely correct,lets try to support the forum,a while back I ordered a part from Ecoboostpowerparts,it took almost 2months for del,just kept patient,and placed order for PPE catted pipes with Mike B,great service and responds to emails asap,GO ECOBOOST POWER PARTS.

I agree as well. I ordered my DP's and hot pipes from EcoPower Parts on May 12. I received them yesterday.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

AndyMan04

I too have been looking to get the PPE downpipes soon. I actually want to get both the exhaust kit and the downpipes together. For that amount of money though i can upgrade the turbos. I just have to pick between the two.... choices choices...  :-
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

PokerMunkee

I'm still a newb and probably wrong place to post this,,... I'm thinking of going with the LMS 3bar V8 tune first. 

Then later I will add the PPE catted downpipes.  Will LMS need to get me a new tune once I install the DPs?  How much of a difference are the DPs going to make? 

Is there any other mods worth adding to this setup?  I don't want meth, just simple stuff.  Don't want it to sound like a race car, been there done that.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

yowen

Quote from: PokerMunkee on June 19, 2014, 01:50:38 PM
I'm still a newb and probably wrong place to post this,,... I'm thinking of going with the LMS 3bar V8 tune first. 

Then later I will add the PPE catted downpipes.  Will LMS need to get me a new tune once I install the DPs?  How much of a difference are the DPs going to make? 

Is there any other mods worth adding to this setup?  I don't want meth, just simple stuff.  Don't want it to sound like a race car, been there done that.

Yes, LMS will update your tune for free to account for the downpipes, whether they are catted or not. They make a significant difference in power and I hear it also makes a difference in throttle response/low end torque, since the turbo's are allowed to spool up faster due to the larger diameter of the downpipes.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

vinnievis

It is strange because I have heard a lot of people talking about an updated tune with catted DP's. I was told directly from Livernois when asking for an updated 3 Bar tune and updated for the catted DP's that:

"The down pipes from PPE should not require any tune modifications from what I have seen.  The cats on these will not cause a check engine light like some of the other versions."

I take that to mean that if you have PPE Catted DP's that you dont need to tune for them, but non-catted (and some brands of catted) require the O2 sensors to be tuned out.

I have yet to get my car to the shop to have the DP's put in, so I cant comment yet on the difference it makes...

BiGMaC

Quote from: vinnievis on June 19, 2014, 03:19:40 PM

It is strange because I have heard a lot of people talking about an updated tune with catted DP's. I was told directly from Livernois when asking for an updated 3 Bar tune and updated for the catted DP's that:

"The down pipes from PPE should not require any tune modifications from what I have seen.  The cats on these will not cause a check engine light like some of the other versions."

I take that to mean that if you have PPE Catted DP's that you dont need to tune for them, but non-catted (and some brands of catted) require the O2 sensors to be tuned out.

I have yet to get my car to the shop to have the DP's put in, so I cant comment yet on the difference it makes...

The difference with DPs is decreased backpressure allowing the turbos to spool at 500-700 rpm less which really boosts the low end. 

You do not NEED a tune adjustment for v8 to function correctly in the SHO with DPs, BUT..... There is a tune adjustment for both catted and non catted DPs to optimize the performance improvement the DPs offer.   

I am running the DP adjustment in my v8 along with adjustments for other mods.  I have discussed how it works with Dan at LMS on the phone.

The difference is the new LMS catted DPs have the large Magnaflow cats with CARB numbers, like the PPE DPs,  and so will pass emissions and do not require the tune to turn off the last O2 sensor to prevent throwing a CEL. (Noncatted DPs will cause a CEL unless last O2 sensor is turned off)

BTW.... If you live in an emissions state, and don't want to return tune and exhaust to stock annually, I strongly recommend PPE (I have these) or LMS DPs.  On stock tune, using my 2013 SHO, the non catted DPs added 17 WHP on the dyno..... My catted DPs added 12 WHP in back to back dynos (we were testing 3 sets of DPs).  Both resulted in the earlier turbo spooling and increase in low end power described above.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock