• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dash Command

Started by FoMoCoSHO, May 24, 2014, 01:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

1st impressions...

$9.99

Faster than Torque(At least in my experience)...Far more polished than Torque and OBDLink.

More PID's. Extended pids for specific model years are $9.99. I will buy them for 2013 and report back on whether or not they may be worth it for our rides. If anybody has anything specific you are looking for let me know and I will see if it's active.

Intuitive, easy to use out of the gate and the stock dashboard is highly functional and pleasant to look at.

Gobs of user submitted dashboards.

Gauges have multiple functions accessible by tapping the gauge and cycling through. Some have 2 alternates, some have 3. I feel like with some minor changes on the dashboard I will be able to monitor pretty much everything i want on one screen.

I had some issues when I purchased the full version with getting the license. Phone reboot fixed it.

Highly impressed with it so far and I think I'm just scratching the surface on its functionality.

Larrylu

Is Dash Command an Apple only software or is there an Android version?  Is a proprietary dongle required or can I use my MX? I'd like to check it out as much as I'm impressed with Torque, I wouldn't mind switching to something even better if my hardware will allow.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

JimiJak

As far as I'm aware, it is available on android App Store, and according to mx' website, it is one of their three recommended apps for use with the mx.

Taparalk'd...expuct typoz
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

SwampRat

FoMoCoSHO  , you have been officially dubbed  the EcoDataNerd !

Keep up the good work ...
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Larrylu on May 24, 2014, 11:05:54 AM
Is Dash Command an Apple only software or is there an Android version?  Is a proprietary dongle required or can I use my MX? I'd like to check it out as much as I'm impressed with Torque, I wouldn't mind switching to something even better if my hardware will allow.
I'm on a quad core Android with the OBDMX.

Larrylu

Guess I'll give it a try then. Sounds very interesting. Especially the part about the plentiful PID's and the availability to purchase more PID's for reasonable fees. Thanks for the tip!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

FoMoCoSHO

When starting out with the stock dashboards, remember by just tapping a gauge, it may have 2 or 3 alternates to cycle through.

Larrylu

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 24, 2014, 03:02:32 PM
When starting out with the stock dashboards, remember by just tapping a gauge, it may have 2 or 3 alternates to cycle through.
That may prove to be a great feature as the space available for my gauges never seems to be up to the demand for more info. I know I can flip through screens of gauges but somehow I keep cramming more displays on my primary Nexus 7 screen and organizing and rearranging. Multi function is a new tool to bring to the battle.

FoMoCoSHO

So as much as I like it, it's making me crazy that the stock dashboards don't have more flexibility....like being able to move the modules around to a different screen like I can with programs on my phone. I can make new dashboards with the gauges but I actually like the stock setup. If I could just get the trim gauge to the main screen... :banghead:

I am going to play with some of the other user dashboards and see if that functionality is included.

FoMoCoSHO

There is a lot more data you can add to make the data more accurate but there are two things I can't find....

Frontal area

Brake specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC)

Any help locating these values would be appreciated!

staged_sho

Been using this with my Android devices more than Torque.  Dash Command has a Knock Sensor Spark Retard PID (I did purchase the extended PID's) which I have a gauge setup for and it appears to work fine.  Will see how it compares to Torque...not sure if I can have two devices reading off the adapter at the same time.
Current:  2016 Charger RT Scat Pack

Previous:  2011 SHO, LME 4+X, 3 bar, 170° TStat, Intake, Corsa

FoMoCoSHO

You can't run two at once.

I just wish you could plug in pids to the stock dashboards which are fantastic.

Horsepower and torque reading are super consistent compared to Torque and it is faster for sure.

vernonator

How is it for things like 0-60? I know Torque was always slow...is DC any better?
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

Dxlnt1

I've never had a problem with it.

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

staged_sho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 26, 2014, 12:18:29 AM
I just wish you could plug in pids to the stock dashboards which are fantastic.

That's exactly the feature I wish the app had and the ability to rearrange within the dashboard.

Current:  2016 Charger RT Scat Pack

Previous:  2011 SHO, LME 4+X, 3 bar, 170° TStat, Intake, Corsa