• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

100 Octane Race Gas Use

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, May 20, 2014, 07:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

Here are the questions for the track guys out there:
Is anyone out there running 100 octane unleaded gas at the track with lower octanes tunes?
Anyone out there running a dedicated tune for 100 octane unleaded gas?
What have been your results compared to running lower octane gas/tunes?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

FracaSHO

I have been told that higher octane without the proper tuning doe nothing. Neither bad nor good. I am having LMS send me a 100 octane tune. It will be a while before I can compare it to the 93, but I will update when I do. In the meantime, I'm sure someone else can chime in.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: FracaSHO on May 20, 2014, 09:20:17 AM
I have been told that higher octane without the proper tuning doe nothing. Neither bad nor good. I am having LMS send me a 100 octane tune. It will be a while before I can compare it to the 93, but I will update when I do. In the meantime, I'm sure someone else can chime in.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
I already have a V7 100 octane tune, but I am wondering how that compares to the current 93 octane V8 tune that I have been extremely impressed with.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged

Tuner Boost

The higher the octane, the more controlled the burn (slower, less explosive) so added timing/compression/boost can be run. On a NA engine or one the tune is not set to utilize the added octane anything above optimum for the engine/tune will slow the car down, and result in less power.  87 is the most volatile and explosive, but this same volatility will result in detonation being more prevalent, so the slower burn provides more protection against detonation.

EcoPowerParts

I was able to pick up a few tenths with my Flex on 100 octane due to increased timing on a Torrie tune specifically for 100 octane. We did a few road tuning pulls to get the power up and the Flex did amazing. This motor REALLY likes timing and if you have the octane it wakes up.
Best time was 13.1@105 with just intake, stock downpipes/cutout and 100 octane tune. When I added the 75 shot that night Flex went 12.5 on same tune.
I later went to E48 (50/50 E85/E10 91 octane) on same tune but had to use the nitrous setup for aux fuel (nitrous bottle off), which also worked really well.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Tuner Boost

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on May 20, 2014, 09:44:51 AM
I was able to pick up a few tenths with my Flex on 100 octane due to increased timing on a Torrie tune specifically for 100 octane. We did a few road tuning pulls to get the power up and the Flex did amazing. This motor REALLY likes timing and if you have the octane it wakes up.
Best time was 13.1@105 with just intake, stock downpipes/cutout and 100 octane tune. When I added the 75 shot that night Flex went 12.5 on same tune.
I later went to E48 (50/50 E85/E10 91 octane) on same tune but had to use the nitrous setup for aux fuel (nitrous bottle off), which also worked really well.

Impressed!!!  FI applications can really benefit from the octane.

Josephm

I used 110 VP racing (more like 108) on a Torrie 100 octane tune and the power was really nice. I really noticed it on the top end. The track was horrible and almost like a backyard setup so no times were given but I walked a 2013 or 2014 jeep srt8 BAD! He used the launch control and I got a horrible launch ( as soon as I staged the lights started clicking) but I reeled him in and won by a car or two. There's a video on 509Boosted on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/825772260770810/
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: Josephm on May 27, 2014, 11:01:14 PM
I used 110 VP racing (more like 108) on a Torrie 100 octane tune and the power was really nice. I really noticed it on the top end. The track was horrible and almost like a backyard setup so no times were given but I walked a 2013 or 2014 jeep srt8 BAD! He used the launch control and I got a horrible launch ( as soon as I staged the lights started clicking) but I reeled him in and won by a car or two. There's a video on 509Boosted on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/825772260770810/
I would love to see that video, but could not find it on the Facebook page you had a link to. Anyway you can post up a direct link to Youtube if available?

Josephm

Let me see if I can get the guy to send it to me. I think since he posted it, if you haven't "liked" the page it shows privacy thing for some reason.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

PokerMunkee

Good God, I hope that MazdaSpeed3 botched his launch.  That was an absolute killing.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

Josephm

The track was so horribly prepped, if you were fwd or rwd without slicks you weren't hooking. Those ms3 put so much tq out down low, its ridiculous
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Josephm

That was my brother too lol in the ms3
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Josephm

Down a couple more posts is the srt8 jeep
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Dxlnt1

Has anyone tried the Torco race fuel concentrate? Contemplating trying it to be able to use the LMS 4x tune. If my math is correct, would add roughly $10 to each full tank. What is an average cost to add race fuel?

http://www.amazon.com/Octane-Booster-Quarts-Torco-Accelerator/dp/B005S2BKDQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406047008&sr=8-2&keywords=torco
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint