• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dealer service question

Started by Dxlnt1, May 18, 2014, 09:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dxlnt1

As my car now sits at dealer awaiting transmission repairs, I was told by dealer that ANY repairs that may come under TSB or recall from Ford are NOT automatically repaired. Only time it is addressed is IF customer has specific complaint that leads to TSB or recall issue. This seems strange to me. I never had this approach by any car manufacturer. Typically if car goes into dealer, once VIN is submitted, any and all service needed including TSB, recall, oil change or any other "maintenance" item is documented, noted and repaired.

One of the first things dealer said to me about my car when I took it in for transmission problems was, "you are due for oil change! Want us to change your oil?"  And, "your transmission fluid is a little low! Although car not having any problems relating to a late oil change (like a thrown or bent rod, lol) then why cant or wont they do the same check for TSB's and such. Especially if safety and maintenance of vehicles is the primary concern? Just saying!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint