• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Benz V8 shoe horned into a Crossfire?

Started by ShoBoat, May 17, 2014, 11:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoBoat

Well I was at the track last night and ran into a couple of really nice fellows. When I spy under the hood this?

An 11 second Crossfire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

panther427

It was a 8????  Not the supercharged v 6 of the srt-6
2013 SHO

ShoBoat

Quote from: panther427 on May 17, 2014, 11:57:36 AM
It was a 8????  Not the supercharged v 6 of the srt-6
Nope, it's an 8! Lol
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

panther427

That would be a fun little ride.  Can't imagine the cost of the swap.
2013 SHO

SHOdded

The Crossfire being an MB product probably helped.  Looks real nice!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

Indeed. But the cost of an amg motor....wow
2013 SHO

kinder

Motor may have come from owners wrecked Benz.... ;)

Curious how it drives though. Simliar to an old SLK maybe?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ShoBoat

Quote from: kinder on May 17, 2014, 01:36:46 PM
Motor may have come from owners wrecked Benz.... ;)

Curious how it drives though. Simliar to an old SLK maybe?
That's exactly what he said, it sounded really nice. Funny we actually ran against each other. Man what a surprise I got lol! 

Beaner

Quote from: ShoBoat on May 17, 2014, 11:54:51 AM
Well I was at the track last night and ran into a couple of really nice fellows. When I spy under the hood this?

An 11 second Crossfire!
I was searching through pictures on Google and seen my engine bay which brought me here.
Thanks for the kind comments, it is not to often a link to a forum does not have any snide remarks.

Since the crossfire came with a mercedes engine (3.2L v6) from the start the mechanical part of the swap is not the complicated part. It is the computers and wiring which cause the problems.

Just thought i would chime in.
if you are going to the track again give me some advanced notice and I will try to go. I am located in Niagara Falls, ON

SHOdded

Welcome, Beaner!  It's always nice to see what people do with their vehicles.  You've given the already good-looking Crossfire some real firepower :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

Hey Beaner! That was a chilly night! It sure was a surprise when I first saw you go down the track! I'll let you know when we head over again. Great job on the Crossfire! Nothing negative to say here, what's not to like? A good looking car with an awesome motor in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IHeartGroceries

Haha! Dang. That's brilliant.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

Josephm

WOW what a sleeper!!! Amazing work. It looks like how it should of came out of the factory
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Beaner

Quote from: Josephm on July 15, 2014, 11:59:22 PM
WOW what a sleeper!!! Amazing work. It looks like how it should of came out of the factory
Thank you.
We were aiming for a factory look. I am not keen on random wires showing and parts out of place.

QuickSilver

I remember your car from my SRT6 days (MrSix)  I think those are fantastic swaps and there are what 6-8 of the conversions out there now? Crossfires (especially SRT6's) were the best kept secret in the Automotive performance world. SHO's are awesome and have been since Yamaha Marine was building motors for them in the 90's but they're no secret, everyone knows they're fast :-[
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...