• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Quote from: MightBeASynth on June 28, 2016, 06:12:11 PM

Levels FMIC installed. This ends my stage 1 performance mods, all that is left is coilovers (whenever they show up) and a swaybar on the rear. Next season, bigger/better turbo. I can see why this is a suggested kit by monotune for the focus, this combination of mods makes for a nice well-rounded power boost.
Ups the looks quotient for sure!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiDiablo

-Josh Parker / MiDiabl0
www.ecobeastbillet.com
2016 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT AWD EcoBeast - 8.76 @ 78.14mph
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3L Turbo - 7.32 @ 93.73mph

J_C

Quote from: Scott4957 on June 28, 2016, 06:37:05 PM
Quote from: J_C on June 26, 2016, 10:40:09 AM
Quote from: AJP turbo on June 26, 2016, 12:35:34 AM
Quote from: J_C on June 25, 2016, 11:13:54 PM
Finally data logged a few runs for Torrie and was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be. The car is running strong but looking forward to maximizing my setup with more logging

How did the logs look? How did it run? What kind of logs did you do?

Honestly, it was my first experience with data logging so it was foreign language to me..lol...It seems to pull harder now with the revisions but that is a butt dyno calculated. As far as the logs, I used Torrie's configuration file for a SHO.
Glad you got the logging down!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yep, much easier than I thought it was! I actually sent Torrie a few more logs tonight to look over. I'm hoping to make it to next Wednesday's test&tune for some passes. Hopefully she's somewhere in the 12's
2013 Taurus SHO performance pack: H&R's, Aem drop in filter, Torrie e30 tune, 3 bar map, 170 t-stat,  Unleashed catless downpipes, Vibrant resonators, 4" rolled tips

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: MiDiablo on June 28, 2016, 08:16:29 PM
That Levels Intercooler is FIIIIIIYA!!!!!  >:D :usa:

Thanks guys!

The charge air temp drop with this thing is amazing. Really rounded out the setup nicely!
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: SHOdded on June 29, 2016, 11:46:11 AM
How much of a drop vs OEM are you seeing?

Easily 20-30*F or more, have only put about 100 miles on it so far, but I have yet to see it get over 97* in this current weather where before it was not uncommon to see 130+.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

SHO-Pa

Did an oil and PTU change (yesterday actually). I'll send the fluids off to Blackstone to see how the PTU is doing.

There was about 5000 on the oil and about 15,000 on the PTU fluid. The first change was the OEM lube at 35,000 so we'll see if the reduced mileage made a difference. I did notice that there was a lot less gunk on the back of the drain plug this time. The lube was still black as all get-out and stunk as only axle lube can stink...
2011 SHO - stock
2016 Explorer XLT 2.3L "4wd"
2018 Focus Titanium

sholxgt

Picked these up today. 

Pulled a wheel off tonight (with wife's help since I have stitches in the back of my hand) and the caliper looks the same as my factory ones.  I suspect they are literally identical with the exception of the seals and drilled pistons.  One strange thing I noticed though is that two raised sections on the topside of the PP calipers has been ground off.  I suspect for additional wheel clearance, but no idea why that would be needed unless they are thinking PP owners may want to downsize wheels for track use.

Now I have to figure out what other parts I want.  I will be ordering new rotors and pads for sure.  Think I will also get new caliper pins and boots just to kind of start over.  Brake fluid change as well.  Thinking Valvoline synthetic for cost reasons this time.  Have used Motul and ATE in the past (ATE is in wife's Fit), but I think it may be overkill for this application?

The pads I'm looking to order say they come "with hardware."  Does that mean they will include the shims or just the clips?  Hoping to have EVERYTHING needed before I pull the wheel off next time.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Gray Brick

Finally installed the police interceptor trans cooler.
Drove through the desert and the transmission fluid didn't go above 195F up hills with ambient temps between 105-109F.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

SHOdded

How hard was it to install?  Any different from doing the '13+ upgrade to the '10-'12s?

SHOnUup

Added some blue to the Ecoboost

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Gray Brick

It wasnt too difficult.... just time consuming to make it right.
There are threaded inserts under the reinforcement bar that fit the cooler perfectly but they are too far to the left. I needed to drill 3 holes to make sure the cooler was center to the airflow.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller

Gray Brick

Took out the fog lights and created a cold/ram air intake.
Tube goes to front of factory airbox.

Incoming air is almost at ambient.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex

AnotherGreenFusion

Bad traffic on the way home yesterday let me catch this

Also finally reviewed my track log data for the stock vs Levels FMIC

On the night with the stock IC:
Ambient Air: 71*

Min charge air temp: 89.42*
Max charge air temp 153.662*F
Temps went from min to max at about 7-8 seconds in to the run and dropped back to minimum within 3 seconds of letting off the gas.

On the night with the Levels IC
Ambient Air: 75*

Min charge air temp: 86.99*F
Max charge air temp 87.98*F

Temp rise and drop happened about the same time. You can really see that the stock turbo, nearly maxed out is not able to overwhelm the IC really at all. Does this mean I could turn up the boost some? Would that little stock turbo even be able to handle it? More research to do!
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

SHOdded