• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: ElvenSho on June 17, 2016, 04:45:53 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on May 31, 2016, 03:25:30 PM
I installed a new Motorcraft FP-68 Cabin air filter today which took me roughly five minutes to install and below are pic's of the filter after a year and even the a/c seems to have better air flow and feel's colder and a cheap alternative to preventative maintenance.  Z   
How do you change it?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Here's a Dedicated video for ya,hope it helps any.  Z  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzbGzGggzn0  BTW she certainly blows like the Dickens since changed,lol  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: peppelepugh on June 17, 2016, 01:28:12 PM
Quote from: Scott4957 on June 17, 2016, 12:15:11 PM
Nice, I also just bought one but have not done this yet. Curious what my valves look like now that I have had a few gallons of meth go through them.

Yeah.... no meth here.... might try that BG service everyone talks about?

I had a hard time getting a good picture/video of down at the bottom of the IC... but at one point i did manage to cover the camera lens up (thankfully it's waterproof/resistant) So I'll be jacking her up and trying to suck anything i can out with some sort of extractor/pump.
I had the BG Performed a while back which they recommend doing it every 30k and you might want to install an oil catch can after you have the cleaning performed for extra measures and certainly pays for itself IMHO.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

sholxgt

Let me preface what you are about to see by saying that my car has the $500 Crystal Champagne Metallic paint option.  For the extra money you get a car that has at least 4 different mismatched panels in a Champagne looking white color.  All of the body that is painted together matches, but the trim pieces are slightly off.

The worst one for me is the center of the trunk because it's dead center of the enormous back end. 

What to do?  Plasti-dip of course. LOL.  I think it makes it look sportier.  Whatcha' think?

PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Scott4957

Looks great, I also debadged

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

BiGMaC

Looks great! I personally don't like badges on my cars.... Makes people say, "what was that?" When I go by, LOL. I love that you don't have the big bright work bar like the SHO.
Maybe add a taillight treatment...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Good work there, sholxgt!  "Hot" pic there, BiGMaC!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Thanks to all!

I completely agree on addressing the taillights.  On past cars I used VHT Nightshade.  Do I dare try that or should I go the Lamin-x route?  Lamin-x just seems way overpriced, but I would like for the modification to be reversible. 

I would not care if these taillights weren't stupid expensive to replace.

Scott4957

Quote from: sholxgt on June 19, 2016, 10:57:11 PM
Thanks to all!

I completely agree on addressing the taillights.  On past cars I used VHT Nightshade.  Do I dare try that or should I go the Lamin-x route?  Lamin-x just seems way overpriced, but I would like for the modification to be reversible. 

Wondering the same thing. It's next on my list.

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

ZSHO

SHOdded

BiGMaC

Quote from: Scott4957 on June 19, 2016, 11:04:29 PM
Quote from: sholxgt on June 19, 2016, 10:57:11 PM
Thanks to all!

Wondering the same thing. It's next on my list.

I have Laminex... Charcoal, and no tickets in over 2 1/2 years. They have held up to Phx sun and heat as well as AZ mountains and snow. If you go Laminex Do Not use the precut kits. They do not fit! Just buy bulk cut from a roll. There are other brands that are just as good, but wanted the blacked out look and everything else was lighter.  Do it in the summer regardless, and a heat gun is your friend... There are some tough compound curves that take time to do. I spent nearly 45 minutes per side on the parts not in the trunk lid. Also recommend high power LED backup lights or else rely completely on sensors and camera to backup at night. Be sure the turn signal ambers are LED also as the LEDs will shine right through about any film you apply.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

salsathe4th

Got my baby new wheels. Thanks to a ecoboost facebook member!  :zumbujump:
"Do or do not, there is no try"         2010 MKS, 22" Motiv Maranello Rims, Mdesign CAI with VTA, LMS 4X tune and lovin' it
-master yoda

SHOdded