• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peppelepugh

Got a USB Endoscope to check out the intercooler and valves.... intercooler has oil in her.... valves.... DIRTY!!!!! I've got pics if anyone is interested!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

sholxgt

Quote from: peppelepugh on June 17, 2016, 09:11:55 AM
Got a USB Endoscope to check out the intercooler and valves.... intercooler has oil in her.... valves.... DIRTY!!!!! I've got pics if anyone is interested!

Always like to see pics!
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

IF ... I say IF??? :D  Please kind sir, post 'em "dirty" pics!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott4957

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

AJP turbo

Dem chickens jackin my style lemme get it now
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

peppelepugh

Quote from: Scott4957 on June 17, 2016, 10:13:59 AM
This.....boom boom POW!

how far does that hang down from the rear deck?!?! looks like at least 10"
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

Scott4957

Quote from: peppelepugh on June 17, 2016, 11:00:26 AM
Quote from: Scott4957 on June 17, 2016, 10:13:59 AM
This.....boom boom POW!

how far does that hang down from the rear deck?!?! looks like at least 10"
8 ish. I will have to measure. Likely only 2-3 inches more than the stock cover which was much deeper than the stock sub. I am going to cut the bottom out of the stock cover.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

peppelepugh

They didn't come out as CLEAR as I hoped....

Scott4957

Nice, I also just bought one but have not done this yet. Curious what my valves look like now that I have had a few gallons of meth go through them.

peppelepugh

Quote from: Scott4957 on June 17, 2016, 12:15:11 PM
Nice, I also just bought one but have not done this yet. Curious what my valves look like now that I have had a few gallons of meth go through them.

Yeah.... no meth here.... might try that BG service everyone talks about?

I had a hard time getting a good picture/video of down at the bottom of the IC... but at one point i did manage to cover the camera lens up (thankfully it's waterproof/resistant) So I'll be jacking her up and trying to suck anything i can out with some sort of extractor/pump.

glock-coma

Quote from: peppelepugh on June 17, 2016, 01:28:12 PM
Quote from: Scott4957 on June 17, 2016, 12:15:11 PM

Yeah.... no meth here.... might try that BG service everyone talks about?

I had a hard time getting a good picture/video of down at the bottom of the IC... but at one point i did manage to cover the camera lens up (thankfully it's waterproof/resistant) So I'll be jacking her up and trying to suck anything i can out with some sort of extractor/pump.
I have a video on you tube that shows before and after pics of the bg cleaning. There wasn't that much of a difference IMHO. it mainly cleaned the first 2 cylinders which I guess is better than nothing I guess. I see if I can find the memory card I have it stored on
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

sholxgt

I did a SYNC update yesterday.  Mine was still on whatever Lincoln was releasing on 7/12.  Updated now to 3.8.  It took just over 30 minutes to upload to the car with the poor car running the whole time, but the results are impressive.

The entire system seems to run quite a bit faster and vocal word recognition seems to be much, much improved.  I had changed my wife's name to "The Woman" because the old system didn't recognize her fairly common name.  So far it has been 100% since the update.  I was even able to change my wife's name back in my phone. LOL

I seem to also now have some guidance from the system that I don't recall before.  Upon saying the first command, the screen now shows suggestions for the next command.  I don't recall that before.

First thing I did after pairing my phone again was to switch it back to advanced mode.  I can't imagine living with those L...O...N...G drawn out voice prompts.  I'm not patient enough for those.

PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ElvenSho

Quote from: ZSHO on May 31, 2016, 03:25:30 PM
I installed a new Motorcraft FP-68 Cabin air filter today which took me roughly five minutes to install and below are pic's of the filter after a year and even the a/c seems to have better air flow and feel's colder and a cheap alternative to preventative maintenance.  Z   
How do you change it?

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

sholxgt

Quote from: ElvenSho on June 17, 2016, 04:45:53 PM
I installed a new Motorcraft FP-68 Cabin air filter today which took me roughly five minutes to install and below are pic's of the filter after a year and even the a/c seems to have better air flow and feel's colder and a cheap alternative to preventative maintenance.  Z   
How do you change it?

It's directly behind the glove box.  Drop the glove box and you'll find a rectangular panel that you can pull to remove.  I recall it being slightly off of level. 

If you buy the filter in advance, it's even easier to find because it's the exact shape of the edge of the filter.

ElvenSho

Quote from: sholxgt on June 17, 2016, 04:48:59 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on June 17, 2016, 04:45:53 PM
How do you change it?

It's directly behind the glove box.  Drop the glove box and you'll find a rectangular panel that you can pull to remove.  I recall it being slightly off of level. 

If you buy the filter in advance, it's even easier to find because it's the exact shape of the edge of the filter.
Thanks! Doing this today

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie