• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherGreenFusion

More aggressive, the car sounds angry on a cold start, still trying to get hands on a condenser mic (dont want to buy one) nothing I have captures the sound correctly.

Supposedly CP-E will be releasing a full cat-back setup. Most of my parts are from them already, thinking of continuing the trend as their stuff has been really high quality with solid fit.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

chessboxer

I plasti-dipped all of the chrome trim flat black this weekend.  I also scheduled tint for June 30th (best guy in town is booked up until then, a good sign I hope!).
2010 SHO | Livernois Stage 4+ Tune | 3-Bar map | 160 T-stat | Airaid CAI | Megan racing Coilovers | EBC Stage 5 Superstreet Brake Kit | 20" Niche Targa Rims on 255/45/20 BFG Sport Comp 2s | Livernois MyCal Touch Screen Tuner/Display

sholxgt

Quote from: chessboxer on June 13, 2016, 03:03:56 PM
I plasti-dipped all of the chrome trim flat black this weekend.  I also scheduled tint for June 30th (best guy in town is booked up until then, a good sign I hope!).

Did you also dump the girlfriend?  LOL  Or did she change her mind?
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

chessboxer

Lol.

Once she saw it, she agreed with me that it looks better without chrome actually. I also explained that plasti-dip can be taken off if I ever want to go back to chrome.
2010 SHO | Livernois Stage 4+ Tune | 3-Bar map | 160 T-stat | Airaid CAI | Megan racing Coilovers | EBC Stage 5 Superstreet Brake Kit | 20" Niche Targa Rims on 255/45/20 BFG Sport Comp 2s | Livernois MyCal Touch Screen Tuner/Display

chessboxer

I can't wait for the tint.  Also smoking the heads and tails.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Wife drove the car to work today to get the window tint done...

Llumar CTX 35 on all, but the windshield. 

Guess this is the first official modification unless you count the Husky Liner stuff.
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Scott4957

Nice, that is a must! I have mine done very dark as well.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

sholxgt

This is the lightest that I've gone with tint in a long time.  My aging vision combined with driving at night in the mountains has prompted me to be more careful this time.

Here's the car I traded in...

ZSHO

Quote from: sholxgt on June 16, 2016, 01:40:32 PM
Wife drove the car to work today to get the window tint done...

Llumar CTX 35 on all, but the windshield. 

Guess this is the first official modification unless you count the Husky Liner stuff.
Llumar makes one of the best window tints in the market with the exception of HUPER OPTIK which is the best in the industry without a doubt,enjoy.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Quote from: ZSHO on June 16, 2016, 04:45:06 PM
Llumar makes one of the best window tints in the market with the exception of HUPER OPTIK which is the best in the industry without a doubt,enjoy.  Z

Wow!  Yours was done at Tint Man in Longwood?  You get down there often?  I went to UCF and still have friends in that area.

Thanks!  I have gone with either Llumar or Solar Gard for many years.  Had 3M way back in the day.  I think Eastman Chemical owns Llumar, Huper, Solar Gard and more.

Most of my cars through the years were tinted in FL in larger towns that offered a wide range of options.  The small town shop here in GA thought I was crazy for requesting the CTX ceramic tint.  They only have it in one shade, so 35 was what I got.  Probably would have gone with 30 if they had it.  I had cheap dyed tint way back when and don't want to go back.

SHOdded

FL LAW ... Just HAVE to LOL at that, sorry Z!!!

Llumar Airblue 80 is supposed to be pretty good ...  great heat rejection properties.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on June 16, 2016, 06:07:45 PM
FL LAW ... Just HAVE to LOL at that, sorry Z!!!

Llumar Airblue 80 is supposed to be pretty good ...  great heat rejection properties.

I have asked the shop to let me know if they buy a roll of Air 80 or 90.  I would like to do the windshield.  They offered to use CTX50 on the windshield, but I'd rather not have it that dark.  Just looking to reduce heat and UV rays.

salsathe4th

I love a good polish and wax......mirror like  :coolgleam:
"Do or do not, there is no try"         2010 MKS, 22" Motiv Maranello Rims, Mdesign CAI with VTA, LMS 4X tune and lovin' it
-master yoda

SHOdded