• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justme2011

Quote from: MightBeASynth on June 01, 2016, 11:14:34 AM
Got hot and cold sides from CP-E Installed, I am constantly impressed with how well the ecoboost responds to mods.

Are u saying there is a noticeable gain in performance from installing the pipes or the BOV?  Was your BOV leaking?  Just curious.  I figured you would have to be incredibly modded up to feel a benefit from either.

Ryan02Stang

Changed the spark plugs today for the first time.  Was a pretty easy job compared to some other cars I've done.  Extensions and swivels made the ones in back relatively easy.
2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged

SHOdded

Quote from: Justme2011 on June 04, 2016, 08:45:09 PM
Are u saying there is a noticeable gain in performance from installing the pipes or the BOV?  Was your BOV leaking?  Just curious.  I figured you would have to be incredibly modded up to feel a benefit from either.
Not directly responsible for increased performance.  BUT the OEM pipes have been known to expand, crack or even come loose, each of which causes variation in or even loss of boost.  Having the hard pipes helps eliminate this source of variation.  Not unlike what people like to do with SS brake lines.
Quote from: Ryan02Stang on June 05, 2016, 04:11:03 PM
Changed the spark plugs today for the first time.  Was a pretty easy job compared to some other cars I've done.  Extensions and swivels made the ones in back relatively easy.
Great to hear, job well done :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOme

I ordered a  MDesign CAI today.  I don't have any exhaust work done so I guess its just because it looks cool and I will maybe have a better(cooler) spot for my catch can.
2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI

Wardog692

SHOme I did the same thing back on Memorial Day Weekend. No real power increase felt, but I definitely feel better when looking at my engine bay, that thing is gorgeous!!
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

chessboxer

Got my 20" Niche Targas back from being refinished and 2 dents removed so I put them back on.

Now for window tint and maybe exhaust and a downpipe or IC pipes.

2010 SHO | Livernois Stage 4+ Tune | 3-Bar map | 160 T-stat | Airaid CAI | Megan racing Coilovers | EBC Stage 5 Superstreet Brake Kit | 20" Niche Targa Rims on 255/45/20 BFG Sport Comp 2s | Livernois MyCal Touch Screen Tuner/Display

bpd1151

Quote from: chessboxer on June 09, 2016, 04:15:20 PM
Got my 20" Niche Targas back from being refinished and 2 dents removed so I put them back on.

Tints will compliment those wheels and provide for an overall visual 'wow' from top to bottom, front to rear. Dig'n the theme.

Well executed thus far.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

chessboxer

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 09, 2016, 04:39:08 PM
Quote from: chessboxer on June 09, 2016, 04:15:20 PM

Tints will set compliment those wheels and provide for an overall visual 'wow' from top to bottom, front to rear. Dig'n the theme.

Well executed thus far.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks!  My gf likes the chrome but I just want to black it out and will over the summer I am sure.

Going to schedule some tint hopefully next week.

P.S. I love your car.
2010 SHO | Livernois Stage 4+ Tune | 3-Bar map | 160 T-stat | Airaid CAI | Megan racing Coilovers | EBC Stage 5 Superstreet Brake Kit | 20" Niche Targa Rims on 255/45/20 BFG Sport Comp 2s | Livernois MyCal Touch Screen Tuner/Display

ZSHO

I changed my spark plugs today and never knew how much easier it was to gain access to #3 spark plug by the rear bank due to the PPE HOTPIPES making it less difficult to gain access to that plug which before was a pita to change because of the tight space and Truly commend Mike from www.ecopowerparts.com for making it feasible to gain access. below are pic;s of my plugs at roughly 8,000 miles on them.  Z    Z  8)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

What, you didn't scrub the plugs with Purple Power and reuse them?  :D  They look in pretty good shape.  Is the engine running smooth still after the BG service?

Another plus point for the hotpipes :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on June 10, 2016, 04:58:39 PM
What, you didn't scrub the plugs with Purple Power and reuse them?  :D  They look in pretty good shape.  Is the engine running smooth still after the BG service?

Another plus point for the hotpipes :thumb:
Definitely another PLUS for the HOTPIPES indeed and still running smooth at 42k on her,thanks -MANU.  Z   8)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

mystery101

I installed a JLT catch can last week and this week I was hoping to have a 3bar Unleashed tune on my 2016 today but ran into issues.

I had x4 programming the ECU and I went away to change out the map sensor on the manifold.. I heard the highbeams clack on and off so I put the screw into the sensor and walked back to the drivers seat and tried to start the car; It started up and then I heard the transmission grab a gear in park and the engine immediately ran like crap. I shut the engine off and found out I was in so much of a rush I left the map sensor unplugged.. I plugged the sensor back in and it still wouldn't run, it actually ran worse with the sensor(Check engine, Seek Service, Service Advance Trac lights on).. I removed the sensor and tune and it ran fine.. Later discovered that the car ran on a 3bar tune Torrie provided with the stock OEM sensor. :pat:
I contacted Torrie and been getting immediate responses and hes working with SCT to fix the template; I'm guessing nobody has run a 3bar map with a 2016 with SCT yet?

Since i'm a 30min drive from SCT's corporate office, maybe they're wanting to take a look at a 2016? I heard they were wanting to play around with the older SHO's and it was on their vehicles wanted list in exchange for some promo stuff..
2016 SHO- Ruby Red - Performance Pack (Mods: 170*F Thermostat, 3Bar Map, NGK .28 colder plugs, JLT PCV catch can, OBX downpipes, GEARHEAD e30 tune!)

SHOdded

Go for it!  I hope you do get some goodies in exchange for helping out SCT!

AnotherGreenFusion

Finally got my RMM and DP installed. Got stuck with the car on stands for a solid week as no one carries nickel based anti-seize locally.

I love next to no turbo lag and a buttery smooth shift. Gonna need to bump the idle up a bit though for stop lights. All that is left is the intercooler. After that stock turbo is maxed out as much as it will push. Upgrades for that next season!
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

SHOdded

Any change in sound?  Clips?

MRT makes some nice mufflers for the ST, you could as re: the Fusion.