• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 19, 2016, 09:43:06 AM
Performed a bit more routine maintenance on my MKS.  I removed and cleaned both MAP sensors with MAF cleaner.  I also removed the oil separator from the valve cover and washed it out with solvent and also cleaned the PCV valve with MAF cleaner.   There didn't seem to be any residue on the sensors but there was some gunk in the separator.

I doubt if any of this had any effect on the car but I do enjoy doing little stuff like this!
Bruce glad you took my advice and checked the pcv/separator,some early Spring cleaning is always welcomed.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Brucelinc

Yes, Z, you got me thinking about the pvc system.  I had never paid any attention to it.   Good tip!

66 Galaxie

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 19, 2016, 09:43:06 AM
Performed a bit more routine maintenance on my MKS.  I removed and cleaned both MAP sensors with MAF cleaner.  I also removed the oil separator from the valve cover and washed it out with solvent and also cleaned the PCV valve with MAF cleaner.   There didn't seem to be any residue on the sensors but there was some gunk in the separator.

I doubt if any of this had any effect on the car but I do enjoy doing little stuff like this!

Good thinking!  I just added this to the Spring cleaning list for my Flex.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

ZSHO

I think a Sticky is called for under (Spring cleaning).  Z   ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Scott4957

Debadged the MKS today. No more Lincoln badge, MKS badge and I removed the Ecoboost badge too. I may replace that with the Ecobeast badge if they are available. I also gave a wax combo a try, clay baring the truck lid to clean off all the glue and gunk. Used a little 3M perfect it to clean up what the clay bar didn't get. Then I used some Mothers California Gold Carnauba cleaner wax and then the same in a pure Carnauba wax over the top. I'll see how I like it after a few washes and then do the rest of the car.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

ZSHO

Quote from: Scott4957 on March 19, 2016, 06:03:49 PM
Debadged the MKS today. No more Lincoln badge, MKS badge and I removed the Ecoboost badge too. I may replace that with the Ecobeast badge if they are available. I also gave a wax combo a try, clay baring the truck lid to clean off all the glue and gunk. Used a little 3M perfect it to clean up what the clay bar didn't get. Then I used some Mothers California Gold Carnauba cleaner wax and then the same in a pure Carnauba wax over the top. I'll see how I like it after a few washes and then do the rest of the car.
Scott pics are a must in these parts of town.lol.  Z

FoMoCoSHO

Get your ecobeast badges soon, Ford copyrighted it.

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on March 19, 2016, 07:59:23 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 19, 2016, 07:55:06 PM

What does that mean?
It means the folks making these badges will be getting a cease and desist letter from Ford soon.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 19, 2016, 08:00:15 PM

What does that mean?
It means the folks making these badges will be getting a cease and desist letter from Ford soon.

Shame on a judge or anyone that would sign that letter......last i checked, beast and boost were spelled differently and meant different things
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on March 19, 2016, 08:07:12 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 19, 2016, 08:00:15 PM

What does that mean?

Shame on a judge or anyone that would sign that letter......last i checked, beast and boost were spelled differently and meant different things
I get what you're saying but had the guys that were making the badges applied for the trademark, there would be no issue or Ford would be writing them a check for the rights. You snooze, you lose....

SHOdded

Not feasible for snall businesses to keep getting trademarks for everything.  Their burden is to keep on adapting.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott4957

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned