• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott4957

VTA today. I wasn't going to do it but I needed to get some attention at lights in the MKS, maybe they won't think I am joking or a senile old man anymore. A thought I had, most say they can't hear it very well and I agree its not as loud as some of my previous vehicles. I wonder if routeing some silicon hose from the BOV's to the grill or wheel well where it can be heard better would do the trick. Don't want to get too rice here but if you want some interest at a light when you are driving an MKS you need something, trust me. Another idea was changing the outlet at the end of the hose, not restricting it, but say crushing a piece of copper pipe the same diameter so it is a long narrow outlet?
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

BiGMaC

Maybe just eliminate the noisemaker on the IC to TB charge pipe... It just makes a false engine noise directed at the cabin using the built up pressure.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Sabtaj1

13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

Scott4957

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 14, 2016, 09:52:18 PM
Maybe just eliminate the noisemaker on the IC to TB charge pipe... It just makes a false engine noise directed at the cabin using the built up pressure.

Not sure the MKS has this but I will check. The thought being removing it would push more air out the BOV's? Screw it, I have some 1' heater hose with the same OD as the ID of the hoses coming off the BOV's. I am going to attach it and run it out side the car and test in the driveway. If its loud as s*** I will find a way to run it clean and play until I get sick of the noise. It already startles people walking near by and has got the attention of a few ricers which was the point to begin with. 
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOGuy026

I searched for a thread like this and couldn't find one. I'm used to seeing a thread like this to post up new Pics and Photos of Mods and just and all around Show and Tell. So hope this is ok!

I'll start off with saying just got my window tint and it looks great! 18% all the way around.

I think next I want to get an intake/tune and do plugs and the 3 bar map sensor I keep reading about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

The tint looks great!  Who installed it, care to recommend them?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Lincoln's never had the noisemaker contraption piece.

Kind of what prompted me to get rid of mine years ago.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOGuy026

Quote from: SHOdded on March 15, 2016, 07:22:52 AM
The tint looks great!  Who installed it, care to recommend them?
Actually yes I would definitely recommend them. I didn't get the guy's name but the shop is located in bayport ny, In Suffolk, on Long Island. Island Window Tinting. Very professional and since its down the road from a Ford Dealership the tinter person had a lot of experience with fords. So it all worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiGMaC

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 15, 2016, 07:55:38 AM

Lincoln's never had the noisemaker contraption piece.

Kind of what prompted me to get rid of mine years ago.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

As Gilda used to say... "Oh... Never mind" Lol

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

LOL but yeah the engine bay does look SO much better with the deleted "puff piece".

ZSHO

I truly want to thank Mike over at www.ecopowerparts.com for the Excellent work on the Hotpipes and honestly could not be happier,finally had a chance to install them today and the install was fairly easy thank to BiGMaC writeup which made it a breeze,here are a couple of pic's for the time being until the engine bay gets cleaned up.will Definetely post a good video soon and some pics,thanks. Z :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

vernonator

Today was a good/bad day - traded in the '12 SHO for a '16 Mustang GT w/PP in Race Red....sad to say goodbye to the SHO but LOVE the new 'Stang!!!! We still have the ExSport so not completely out of the Ecoboost world
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

ZSHO

Vernonator best of luck on the new acquisition.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Hotpipes looking good in place, Z, their journey finally begins!

Congrats on the new Stang, veronator, the X will now have to pull doubleduty for the SHO :)