• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 19, 2015, 09:39:38 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on December 18, 2015, 11:18:39 PM
I guess i'm the ***hole that tries to post pics and share any insight and thoughts i can to try and help each member out,at the end its all a bunch of crap,any details on the ecoboost platform will be best to keep to my self,i'm done here and thank you so much.  Z
Z- ***hole is not a word I would ever associate with you. Those things you talk about above are the very reasons that I would hate for you to make an expensive mistake.

I'm sorry if I came off as the ***hole...it was not my intention, and SHOdded was correct, that's just my practical side and meant no offense. I wasn't trying to bust your balls and I would've given the same advice to my kids or best friend.
Sean honestly its all good brother,my fault its been a month full of endless ****     Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I'm not quite sure if i forgot to mention it on my last post but also had the dealer perform a coolant flush for free,just brought two gallons of my own coolant from home,basically you have to remove the belly cover and front cover that attaches to the front bumper from underneath,the coolant drain screw is located twards the middle of the car from underneath,then they use a special tool to remove any air thats trapped in the system,pics below.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

slideoil

Flashed back to stock. Headed in for service soon. I'm spoiled by the LMS 3bar tune.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on December 20, 2015, 07:34:22 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 19, 2015, 09:39:38 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on December 18, 2015, 11:18:39 PM
I guess i'm the ***hole that tries to post pics and share any insight and thoughts i can to try and help each member out,at the end its all a bunch of crap,any details on the ecoboost platform will be best to keep to my self,i'm done here and thank you so much.  Z
Z- ***hole is not a word I would ever associate with you. Those things you talk about above are the very reasons that I would hate for you to make an expensive mistake.

I'm sorry if I came off as the ***hole...it was not my intention, and SHOdded was correct, that's just my practical side and meant no offense. I wasn't trying to bust your balls and I would've given the same advice to my kids or best friend.
Sean honestly its all good brother,my fault its been a month full of endless ****     Z
I hope it gets better for you soon buddy.

I'm hoping I'm at the end of my 1.5 yr shitstorm, lol...

bpd1151

Performed my VERY FIRST navigation update, since having purchased my SHO new, nearly six years ago.

For $149 I received both a Software Application Update, as well as a Navigation Update.

Each package contained 2 discs each, for a total of four discs overall.

My original version displayed as "2.0x" and the update I installed reflected version "8.1x"

So to say it was slightly out-of-date, would be a huge understatement.

Directions were fairly simple, as was the process overall.

However, what I wasn't prepared for, was how incredibly long it took to apply these updates respectively.

The Software Application Updates alone, ran approximately 25 minutes for each disc, for a total of 1hr.

But that didn't include the Navigation Updates, which took a total of just over 3 hours!

Holy hell! Yes folks, that's correct...... a total 4 hours to apply all of the necessary updates!

That's a helluva long time to leave your car running. Luckily for me, I have a converter box that I use for some of the bigger indoor car shows I participate in, so it wasn't necessary for me to actually have my caer running. But I suspect that for the majority of you, you'll actually have to start and leave the car running until all the updates load properly.

So that said, might want to make sure you have at least a half tank of gas in it, before starting this process.

Now I haven't had any time yet to test out the updates, as it's been raining all day, and now drizzling, and quite honestly, I just am not interested enough to go motoring around for no reason at all, only to have to spend the amount of time necessary to get the car clean again. So I'll report back later to let y'all know if the expenditures and/or time invested were worth it.

panther427

Wow talk about a time suck. I hope it was worth the time. Makes the price seems insignificant.  Keep us updated
2013 SHO

SHOdded

Wow, that was a marathon, bpd!  Glad you got it done, though, and looking forward to bpd-updates :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I just wanted to give a quick update regarding the new camera i had installed under warranty a couple weeks back due to a cloudy screen and in fact does need to be programmed with IDS Software from the dealer in order for the guidelines to work properly on the intended path of the vehicle while in reverse,it took roughy 15 min yesterday and all is well.  Z  :)

irondoor19

OK:

Installed EBC: Stage 4 "Rear Brake Kit",
test fit New 20" X 9" wheel on the rear Only
Installed Battery Tender Lead Ending Near Drivers Windshield...

All that in a Less than Ideal Environment (about 25 Deg unheated Shop) :(

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

pejohnson

Looking good iron door!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

CroR1

I think it week be a killer look with those rims iron, please update with pics when the new wheels get mounted.

irondoor19

OK:

I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE DONE THE PTU GEAR OIL CHANGE:

For without your write ups IT would have taken FOREVER[/b], SO 35K miles on the Car
I got it with 25K, so 10K hard Miles by me, If you drive hard Change it at 25K..

Got out About 12 OZ Total + 2 on the Floor), Added 16 OZ in Approx
USED the Bulb Pump, that it looks like everyone is using (another PITA).
It would not Draw Tru, until We Heated the Case with a Propane Torch (used map Gas)
and after about 10 Min of Even Heat on the case bottom, the flow was Good.
Cut the Hose Length on both Ends (more on the oulet), tyewrapped to the exhaust.
Next time i will cover the outlet hose with a piece of copper to make it straiten out.
Drove about 2 Blocks, then on the Freeway for WOT.
You could feel the Difference Right away, and the Thing Rolls MUCH Smoother,
NO Binding (smooth as the top of my Head). will do it again after 3 Months ;D

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

Just when you thought molasses was slow!  Next time, do it in the summer :)  But might not be a bad idea to just fill it back up to max level for now, run it around awhile before trying it again.

Vortech347

Haven't done it yet but debating on doing some 1/4" spacers to push my wheels out a bit further and fill the fenders.  If necessary I'll change the studs out too, that's easy.  The rear's are just tucked so far in.  Looks goofy.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0