• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Quote from: ZSHO on December 16, 2015, 09:22:58 PM
I guess with the Performance package being such a pita to have the PTU Fluid changed it sometimes helps to take any preventative measures you can in order to safeguard it. Z
Amen to that brother.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Ordered my 1st map update today.

Oughta be worthwhile as the version I have now, is based off of 2009 data, & original to the car when it was delivered new.

No more driving over waterways, or fields where expressways and/or changes now currently exist. Lol.

SHOdded

Are you going to give the "original" map a place in the display for car shows?  It IS a part of history!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

The dealer installed me a high performance backup camera covered under warranty and quite honestly was amazed at the overall difference in screen clarity with the new camera,guess over the past couple of years the screen quality slowly started degrading and was basically looking at a cloudy screen when backing up,think the best solution is not to use any harsh chemicals or paper towels which ultimately can scratch the lens portion of the camera,think the best option will be using a soft microfiber cloth along with a can of pledge which is not to harsh and does not contain potent chemicals,before and after pics below along with the part #,hope this helps many members out,thanks.  Z     :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

irondoor19

Got myself an early Christmas or "2016 Drag Racing" must have Item  - Large
Bell Snell SA2010, Good deal from summit On Ebay 169.97 Plus Tax (181.44 total)
Next up (Next week hopefully) a new set of rims & tires for the Strip,
If I can figure out what way to go (my head is going to explode) >:D
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

ZSHO

I purchased my PP SHO Brand new on 8/13 with 2 miles on the OD and put roughly a little over 35k on her,while at the dealer today something caught my eye and unfortunetely it was not a Ford and basically needed a winter vehicle for the time being to give the SHO some rest it rightfully deserves,truly liked the color and left a deposit for the time being,negotiated with my friendly Ford dealer and came up with a descent price of 20,500 with 51k on her,any thoughts,thanks.  Z         MANU Apologize if its posted in the wrong section,thanks.  Z [EDIT] [EDIT]     [EDIT] Thank you

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on December 18, 2015, 10:55:13 PM
I purchased my PP SHO Brand new on 8/13 with 2 miles on the OD and put roughly a little over 35k on her,while at the dealer today something caught my eye and unfortunetely it was not a Ford and basically needed a winter vehicle for the time being to give the SHO some rest it rightfully deserves,truly liked the color and left a deposit for the time being,negotiated with my friendly Ford dealer and came up with a descent price of 20,500 with 51k on her,any thoughts,thanks.  Z
As much as I love my SHO, it isn't special enough to spend 20 grand for a separate vehicle. Not to mention how awesome the SHO is in the snow. Regardless of what you do, the SHO is a depreciating asset. Buying another depreciating asset isn't going to change that fact or slow it down enough for that math to work out anywhere near your favor. Money would be better spent going in the kids college fund, your retirement fund, or down payment on your next gen SHO....IMHO.

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 18, 2015, 11:06:30 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on December 18, 2015, 10:55:13 PM
I purchased my PP SHO Brand new on 8/13 with 2 miles on the OD and put roughly a little over 35k on her,while at the dealer today something caught my eye and unfortunetely it was not a Ford and basically needed a winter vehicle for the time being to give the SHO some rest it rightfully deserves,truly liked the color and left a deposit for the time being,negotiated with my friendly Ford dealer and came up with a descent price of 20,500 with 51k on her,any thoughts,thanks.  Z
As much as I love my SHO, it isn't special enough to spend 20 grand for a separate vehicle. Not to mention how awesome the SHO is in the snow. Regardless of what you do, the SHO is a depreciating asset. Buying another depreciating asset isn't going to change that fact or slow it down enough for that math to work out anywhere near your favor. Money would be better spent going in the kids college fund, your retirement fund, or down payment on your next gen SHO....IMHO.
Honestly did not expect a comment like that especially coming from you FoMoCo,thanks and Merry Christmas to you.  Z

ZSHO

I guess i'm the ***hole that tries to post pics and share any insight and thoughts i can to try and help each member out,at the end its all a bunch of crap,any details on the ecoboost platform will be best to keep to my self,i'm done here and thank you so much.  Z

SHOdded

Nice looking 2nd ride choice, Z.  Real nice color!  As long as you get an extended warranty with it, should be good 2 go (IDK what the mfr warranties are these days on FCA vehicles).  I'm sure you already looked through the Carfax/Autocheck.

FoMoCo's just talking the practical stuff, and car nuts ALWAYS hate that LOL.  For me, I have always treated my rides like all-purpose, all-weather machines, and I have loved 'em all!  The key is keeping up with the extra maintenance that comes due with all that stuff, that can be a BEAR!  Anyways, didn't you just have the SHO super-detailed for the winter?  I'd want to stow it away after that as well ...  Hate the salt-filled slush!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

I'd make sure that all the necessary TSB's & recalls were performed.

I've heard nothing but complaints from Jeep owners about varying issues, & I just saw yet another news report about even yet another recall today.

Tread cautiously.

ZSHO

I appreciate all your inputs on the matter,definitely agree the SHO is great in the snow but only to a certain degree,unless you want to use the front spoiler as a plow,many times i'v put my car on ramps and could never avoid scraping the front lip,guess back to the dealer i go to get my refund,have 24 hrs,thanks.  Z 

CroR1

I don't mind the snow as much as I HATE the salt that comes  with it. But I tell you though, it is nice to have a secondary option. Although, with the winter tires I love the SHO and the way it performs, I refer to it as a tractor 🚜... And to be honest, the winter here in Midwest treated us good this far, it seems like it will keep doing so throughout the December.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on December 18, 2015, 11:18:39 PM
I guess i'm the ***hole that tries to post pics and share any insight and thoughts i can to try and help each member out,at the end its all a bunch of crap,any details on the ecoboost platform will be best to keep to my self,i'm done here and thank you so much.  Z
Z- ***hole is not a word I would ever associate with you. Those things you talk about above are the very reasons that I would hate for you to make an expensive mistake.

I'm sorry if I came off as the ***hole...it was not my intention, and SHOdded was correct, that's just my practical side and meant no offense. I wasn't trying to bust your balls and I would've given the same advice to my kids or best friend.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: CroR1 on December 19, 2015, 08:53:35 AM
I don't mind the snow as much as I HATE the salt that comes  with it. But I tell you though, it is nice to have a secondary option. Although, with the winter tires I love the SHO and the way it performs, I refer to it as a tractor 🚜... And to be honest, the winter here in Midwest treated us good this far, it seems like it will keep doing so throughout the December.
Mother nature has been extremely uncooperative.

I've gotten no chance to try out my winter combo.

I have no doubt that had I tried to continue with the F1's a shitstorm of epic proportion would have ensued, lol....