• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

The SHO looks real purdy, Z, good on you for slapping on some winter protection.

Larry, great observations.  Let us know how you fare with the 91 tune if you decide to try it out.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

After SCT providing zero support for the holes in their can tune.  Wednesday I contacted Torrie and him him send me a 91 2bar,  91 3bar, and 93 3bar tunes. 

I'm very happy with things so far.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

AJP turbo

Quote from: Vortech347 on November 29, 2015, 11:26:25 AM
After SCT providing zero support for the holes in their can tune.  Wednesday I contacted Torrie and him him send me a 91 2bar,  91 3bar, and 93 3bar tunes. 

What were the holes in the canned tune?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Vortech347

Quote from: ajpturbo on November 29, 2015, 12:12:37 PM
Quote from: Vortech347 on November 29, 2015, 11:26:25 AM

What were the holes in the canned tune?

1. Cold engine driving, example starting the car then driving.  I had a NASTY surging/bucking when accelerating slowly from a stop.
2. When pulling away from anything as a stop the drive by wire was touchy and laggy.  I would barely touch the pedal and nothing, then a bit more, and it would shoot off like I slammed the gas.
3. I finally had some time between appointments to take the car through a canyon I often take my stangs through and rail on it a bit.  I put it in sport and used the paddles while climbing and corning between 3/4 gears the car kept throwing code P2226.   This would make the car dump the boost and I drove as an NA V6 until I could pull over and reset the car/KAM/DTC's.

I've only put about 20 miles on Torrie's 2bar so far and its pretty damn awesome.  I could tell immediately it allows for brake boosting to launch with a few PSI in hand.  It surprised the hell out of me.  :)  I'll have a 3 bar sensor in hand within the next few days.

A quick log with the X4 showed peak psi with the can tune at 13.5, holding around 8 through 3rd gear loading.  This one is 15 peak (Not sure how with only a 2 bar sensor.) and holding around 8.5 through load.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

AJP turbo

Cool...the 2 bar can read 206 kpa...a little over 15 psi...full range of the stock sensor is full vacuum to 206 kpa at 4.8 volts

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

bpd1151

Out braving the cold with Jeff, new model Brenda, & the SHO.......

New pics forthcoming....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CroR1

ZSHO

I just came back from the dealer visit with a couple of issues that needed to be addressed,first had the dealer install new thrust washers for that front end metal ting sound when turning the wheel,the part number is below and cured the issue for the time being and found out it also affects the X-SPORT and the Flex,and also for anyone having issues with there reverse camera being cloudy and not clear on the screen,a new camera assembly is needed to clarify that issue,the dealer ordered me a new one covered under warranty and said the procedure would take roughly 90 min for the install with no dealer programming or calibration needed,the process is a simple plug and play unit. BTW pics below of the old thrust washer that needed to be changed,also forgot to mention that the coolant flush was also performed at no charge,just brought two gallons of antifreeze. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I forgot to mention a couple key notes,the tech is a real good buddy of mine and while removing the front wheels he noticed a screw in the tire and put a patch on it and honestly not sure how the topic started but he firmly stated to never mis-match any of the tires because you will ultimately need a new PTU because of the AWD,also confirmed that two gaskets were installed on my DP to cure the rough idle on my last visit along with a sealant for a secure leak free system.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

A great relationship with your SA and tech never hurts :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

What exactly is your understanding of "mismatched" tires, as your pal explained to you Z?

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 16, 2015, 07:49:11 PM
What exactly is your understanding of "mismatched" tires, as your pal explained to you Z?

I guess a good example would be having new tires in the front and having slightly worn out tires in the rear,hope this helps any.  Z

bpd1151

Eh, makes sense.

I ask only because I know there are some techs who live by the book, & preach what corporate tells them in their training classes as being gospel....

But then there's guys like me and others, who have staggered set ups, and different overall diameters, that (knock on wood) haven't had issues.

I'm still on my original PTU, 72K, & plenty of daily driven & track tortured miles, so I'm inclined to believe your pal was being overly cautious with his dooms day warnings of potential PTU failure.

But glad to hear everything worked out for 'ya! Cont'd happy motoring!

AJP turbo

I think people also use the term mismatch referring to different brands that may have different traction levels causing unbalanced grip causing a potentially unsafe condition especially in the rain

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ZSHO

I guess with the Performance package being such a pita to have the PTU Fluid changed it sometimes helps to take any preventative measures you can in order to safeguard it. Z