• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Sweet... Takes the waist off the car... Looks great!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BigPelo

Quote from: BigPelo on July 13, 2015, 10:44:38 AM
I am at the exhaust shop installing a custom one. LMS catted downpipe, dynomax x-muffler and dynomax ultraflo SS muffler at the back.

It's the exhaust I bought from Steve months ago slightly modified to keep sound and rasp at minimum.
Back at the shop today. The dynomax 17553 muffled x-pipe didn't fit with enough clearance so they installed the complete TBE as Steve sold me. It was way too loud for my taste and drone was annoying at highway speed.

So back go the stock mufflers. It's all good now but less fun at WOT. How many horsepower do I leave on the table with a full 2.5in exhaust with the stock mufflers welded after the last elbow?
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

FoMoCoSHO

Not enough to notice any difference whatsoever I'd guess...

ZSHO

I just came back from the dealer and they are going to order two new rear shocks under warranty to fix this intermitent noise in the rear of the car,also had a courtesy oil change using my own Penzoil ultra platinim,also as a courtesy they replaced the rear differential fluid at no cost,based on the work order it took two quarts which was a bit surprised,also had some oil seepage on the rear valve cover which was cleaned up,also updated the navi unit,cluster. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Slowly replacing the SHO you bought, Z! :)  Hope the rear shocks resolve that noise issue.  The RDU does take quite a bit more fluid than the PTU, maybe they used extra to make sure the new fluid in the RDU is as clean as possible?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Love how you stay on top of the issues Z...Your dealership is one to envy.

Going to run this through the system on the way to Chicago...any thoughts?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 17, 2015, 02:39:58 PM

Rich
I honestly have tried amsoil,redine,chevron,and some others to say the least,but the only one that stood out and noticed a difference was B.G 44K to me out of the bunch. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on July 17, 2015, 02:53:54 PM

Rich
I honestly have tried amsoil,redine,chevron,and some others to say the least,but the only one that stood out and noticed a difference was B.G 44K to me out of the bunch. Z
Nice collection you've got there.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 17, 2015, 02:55:18 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on July 17, 2015, 02:53:54 PM

Rich
Nice collection you've got there.

Rich
Thanx buddy,usually like to pour it in an empty tank then fill her up,think you see better benefits that way. Z

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 17, 2015, 02:30:46 PM
Slowly replacing the SHO you bought, Z! :)  Hope the rear shocks resolve that noise issue.  The RDU does take quite a bit more fluid than the PTU, maybe they used extra to make sure the new fluid in the RDU is as clean as possible?
Thanx -MANU,have a total 7 year warranty on her,so this being my DD need her running to its full potential., Z

BiGMaC

Ok... So a question for you guys. In the last few months one of the Ford Tech Malculco (?sp) videos has a section where he relates a a conversation with Ford engineers on the Ecoboost GDI turbo engines in which he relates that they told him that Ford doesn't recommend in tank engine cleaner additives (those beyond the ones already in a fuel blend) because of accelerated turbo failure.  Any comments or info/data?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on July 17, 2015, 03:14:18 PM
Ok... So a question for you guys. In the last few months one of the Ford Tech Malculco (?sp) videos has a section where he relates a a conversation with Ford engineers on the Ecoboost GDI turbo engines in which he relates that they told him that Ford doesn't recommend in tank engine cleaner additives (those beyond the ones already in a fuel blend) because of accelerated turbo failure.  Any comments or info/data?
I guess using a top trier gas such as Shell,Chevron along with a fuel system cleaner like Chevron techron is recommended,didnt suggest using anything else. Z

SHOnUup

I thought that guy was referencing an intake cleaner, not a fuel additive?

Rich

ZSHO

There is one against induction services and one regarding carbon buildup which he recommends using only top teir gas along with chevron techron fuel system cleaner from my understanding.  Z

SHOdded

NO intake cleaner, YES Techron fuel injector cleaner.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!