• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I have been having this front end rattle on the drivers side for quite sometime now,also an intermitent boom sound coming from the rear drivers side.it only happens very seldom over bumpy roads at slow speeds,so at the dealer today they checked the front end and everything looked stable,but noticed the front strut tower bolt was a little loose,the same goes for the rear also,they tightened,re-torqued the bolts to oem specs and the noise seems like it has subsided,only time will tell but he mentioned if the noise comes back he's going to order new struts & shocks under warranty,BTW a while back (SHOdded)did mention it could be strut related and want to give a BIG THANK YOU, forgot to mention if the coilovers are available soon that they will install them for free.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on June 25, 2015, 10:25:42 PM
I have been having this front end rattle on the drivers side for quite sometime now,also an intermitent boom sound coming from the rear drivers side.it only happens very seldom over bumpy roads at slow speeds,so at the dealer today they checked the front end and everything looked stable,but noticed the front strut tower bolt was a little loose,the same goes for the rear also,they tightened,re-torqued the bolts to oem specs and the noise seems like it has subsided,only time will tell but he mentioned if the noise comes back he's going to order new struts & shocks under warranty,BTW a while back (SHOdded)did mention it could be strut related and want to give a BIG THANK YOU, forgot to mention if the coilovers are available soon that they will install them for free.  Z
Good to hear you have some progress on this!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on June 25, 2015, 10:25:42 PM
... if the coilovers are available soon that they will install them for free.  Z
That's a sweet deal, Z!  Hope the noise goes away completely :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Thanks fellas,so far so good through the warzone of roads that N.Y has to offer,just mentioning that brings back the ptsd from back in the day,BTW even noticed the other day that the alignment for the hood and especially the trunk was off due to the roads out here. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on June 26, 2015, 10:46:33 AM
BTW even noticed the other day that the alignment for the hood and especially the trunk was off due to the roads out here. Z
Hmmm probably should check those on the Edge as well ...  Great, another thing to worry about.  Thanks SO much, Z ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Thanks fellas,so far so good through the warzone of roads that N.Y has to offer,just mentioning that brings back the ptsd from back in the day,BTW even noticed the other day that the alignment for the hood and especially the trunk was off due to the roads out here. Z
LOL, a lot of the 2013s were like that across the line.

The left side on mine including the tailamp assembly was out of whack on day 1. The hood looked like Maaco installed it. When I went back to the lot all the other Taurii had the same issues.

Anytime I drove over any kind of steep apron at an angle, I had a weird popping noise around the A pillar.

The fit and finish of the 15 is much better.

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on June 26, 2015, 09:18:02 PM
LOL, a lot of the 2013s were like that across the line.

The left side on mine including the tailamp assembly was out of whack on day 1. The hood looked like Maaco installed it. When I went back to the lot all the other Taurii had the same issues.

Anytime I drove over any kind of steep apron at an angle, I had a weird popping noise around the A pillar.

The fit and finish of the 15 is much better.
I certainly agree with you in that aspect,but they always try to improve there mistakes or update parts to a certain degree,the list goes on,but this being my DD car since purchasing new,personaly know every inch of this car and definetly the trunk and hood needs an adjustment based on the roads and it being a PP,and quite honestly the longevity has me a bit worried after the total 7 year platinum warranty is up,but even after that my close affiliation with my dealer might look promising over the horizon,only time will tell and lets get back to enjoying the SHO. Z

wasinger3000

Fixed a meth leak. Turns out the washer fluid level sensor is not really sealed well. Just a rubber grommet shoved in the side of the tank.

Also heard the cold start rattle for a brief second. :-[
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 26, 2015, 10:54:14 PM
Fixed a meth leak. Turns out the washer fluid level sensor is not really sealed well. Just a rubber grommet shoved in the side of the tank.

I'm not sure if your using RP HPS forified with zinc,hopefully by switching to a different synthetic oil and using a M.C filter will alleviate the rattle,good luck and keep us updated. Z

SHOdded

Amsoil + Archoil, right wasinger?  hopefully the rattle was a one-time thing ...  Keep in mind oil/filter but also timing chain ...

wasinger3000

Quote from: ZSHO on June 27, 2015, 08:04:55 AM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 26, 2015, 10:54:14 PM

I'm not sure if your using RP HPS forified with zinc,hopefully by switching to a different synthetic oil and using a M.C filter will alleviate the rattle,good luck and keep us updated. Z

Quote from: SHOdded on June 27, 2015, 08:38:19 AM
Amsoil + Archoil, right wasinger?  hopefully the rattle was a one-time thing ...  Keep in mind oil/filter but also timing chain ...
This oil change I'm on PUP and Archoil with a RP oil filter. I only get the noise if the car has been sitting for longer than 5 days. Which kind of seems aceptable as oil pressure would bleed off in the tensioner.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHOdded

Do you prime before starting the engine?  That is, key on, but engine not running for a few seconds beforehand.  I've heard it helps build oil pressure quicker, so I always do it.

glock-coma

Quote from: SHOdded on June 27, 2015, 12:53:21 PM
Do you prime before starting the engine?  That is, key on, but engine not running for a few seconds beforehand.  I've heard it helps build oil pressure quicker, so I always do it.
Gas pedal to the floor will prevent the car from starting. That's what I do when it sits for a few days. I let it crank for 5 seconds or so and no rattle.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

wasinger3000

Quote from: glock-coma on June 27, 2015, 03:09:34 PM

Gas pedal to the floor will prevent the car from starting. That's what I do when it sits for a few days. I let it crank for 5 seconds or so and no rattle.
Great info guys! I'll try it next time.

wasinger3000

So I've been considering a Xsport and noticed they don't have cooled seats or a heated steering wheel? Is that correct?