• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

There are total of four fastners,just turn them by hand counter clock wise(right)until tight while holding the belly pan up with the other hand,and if not lined up properly they could pop off. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

If you don't put them back on correctly, they can get loose and pop off.  More of a problem on the trucks than the cars, but worth watching out for.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I usually let the car cool down for a while before performing anything on her,especially the oil which gets pretty darn hot for my taste,always try to wrap a rag around that 02 sensor wire cause she is always the victim of oil everytime,did it have a M.C filter on there? did the oil look very dirty?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

92BlackGT

it had an ACDelco filter on it :/ the oil looked like typical used oil. I only drove 1000 miles on the oil after i bought it to get it to 15k. I'll do a 5k interval here on out.
changing the oil on this car will be simple in the future now that the filter isn't welded on there. my old Marauder you were guaranteed to get oil over all sorts of wire harnesses and the steering rack. Ford even put a drain hole on the cross member because of oil spillage during oil changes. the oil filter is at a 45 degree angle just like the 302/5.0
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

wasinger3000

Quote from: 92BlackGT on June 24, 2015, 02:02:16 AM
I changed my oil for the first time on the SHO. what a pain! the sumabish previous owner must have used an impact gun putting the oil filter on. after fighting it for awhile and even spraying PB Blaster around the gasket, I decided to run to wally world and get a oil filter wrench. I had to use my 1/2" drive ratchet to get the filter off. It started twisting the body of the filter before the filter started to loosen. ughh
I found this type of filter wrench not to long ago and it is the best filter wrench I've ever used.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Universal-3-Jaw-Oil-Filter-Wrench-HU3JFW/204762449?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cBase&gclid=CjwKEAjwqqmsBRDGy_3h_eS80jYSJACS95CvaHDGlktPbdBMAk96lzaJn5b4XfkXVq2jI8pbo5xJZhoCrZjw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PokerMunkee

Who's  2013+ SHO is making over 600awhp? Unleashed just posted it on their facebook page, belongs to Jacob.  He on here?

https://www.facebook.com/UnleashedTuning?fref=ts
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

92BlackGT

Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 24, 2015, 11:59:40 AM
I found this type of filter wrench not to long ago and it is the best filter wrench I've ever used.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Universal-3-Jaw-Oil-Filter-Wrench-HU3JFW/204762449?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cBase&gclid=CjwKEAjwqqmsBRDGy_3h_eS80jYSJACS95CvaHDGlktPbdBMAk96lzaJn5b4XfkXVq2jI8pbo5xJZhoCrZjw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

that's similar to the one I used. in the future I won't need it unless I get a another used car and the previous owner torqued the filter on like lug nuts
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

twnscrw13

Had the oil changed the other day and while the car was there had the trany flushed and the RWD unit's fluid changed. I was a little shocked that I could actually feel a significant difference after I got her back. The service manager LOVED the look of the MDesign intake too.

Has anyone else noticed a before and after difference have having the fluids switched out?
2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

ZSHO

There are quite a few members here that experienced a smoother better shifting and probably better performance after doing the above mentioned,and especially after doing the PTU which could be somewhat challenging for us guys with the PP,great to hear you took the extra measure in changing out the fluids and enjoying the Mdesign intake.  Z

SHOdded

Care to name the dealership, twnscrw?  Do they do PTU fluid exchange also?

SHOnUup

Quote from: PokerMunkee on June 25, 2015, 12:09:39 AM
Who's  2013+ SHO is making over 600awhp? Unleashed just posted it on their facebook page, belongs to Jacob.  He on here?

https://www.facebook.com/UnleashedTuning?fref=ts
Yes

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

twnscrw13

Bob Gillingham Ford in Parma Ohio. Didn't do the PTU this time. That'll be with the next Oil change.

Quote from: SHOdded on June 25, 2015, 07:15:19 AM

glock-coma

Quote from: twnscrw13 on June 25, 2015, 10:12:41 AM
Bob Gillingham Ford in Parma Ohio. Didn't do the PTU this time. That'll be with the next Oil change.

that's one of the dealers I go to along with liberty ford in Parma.
Good people.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

twnscrw13

Quote from: glock-coma on June 25, 2015, 04:35:30 PM

Quote from: twnscrw13 on June 25, 2015, 10:12:41 AM

that's one of the dealers I go to along with liberty ford in Parma.
Good people.

Liberty of Parma is where I bought mine from. I like the body shop at Gillingham. They've, unfortunately, seen me a few times.