• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

Love the look Rich. They don't look too big to me. Did you describe how you darkened them somewhere?  I'd like to hear how you did them.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Wilson

Quote from: SHOnUup on June 14, 2015, 12:48:38 PM
Quote from: Wilson on June 14, 2015, 12:36:18 PM
Looks PERFECT just like that in my opinion. Is that plastip or paint?

Wilson
Perfect, I like those kinda words ;)

It's paint.

Rich
Between the grill,  wheels and rear end,  I think you've got the best looking gen 4.1 right now. No disrespect to bpd and others...

Did you paint the chrome bar yourself or did a shop do it? If DIY, did you remove it first? And if so, was it difficult to do? Mine is dipped right now,  but I've been wanting to paint.

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHOnUup

Thx guys. The look is finally close to complete.

Wilson, you are too kind my friend ^-^

The chrome bar was Plasti-dipped last year while still on car. Taped it off nice and tight and then taped a blanket of newspaper & such over the rear end. Actually did the stock taillights at same time then. The chrome strip has held up very well, where as the tailights thin chrome had areas where it was starting to peel up.

The taillights were painted along with the center caps by the same guy who did my hydrographics.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

glock-coma

I really like it.
But I know I would get pulled over as soon as I pull out the driveway here in Ohio lol.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOnUup

Quote from: glock-coma on June 14, 2015, 01:58:34 PM
I really like it.
But I know I would get pulled over as soon as I pull out the driveway here in Ohio lol.
Haha...thx.

I was thinking the same thing...thus I have concocted a decent excuse.

Will say these are for shows only, but some A-hole busted out my others and I'm waiting for them to be shipped. See how that plays out?

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

glock-coma

Quote from: SHOnUup on June 14, 2015, 02:05:15 PM
I really like it.
Haha...thx.

Will say these are for shows only, but some A-hole busted out my others and I'm waiting for them to be shipped. See how that plays out?

Rich

Lol,That's pretty good, it will prob work only once though.
How hard were they to remove? Was the chrome spear in place durning removal/installation?
I would think you would have to bend it slightly outward to install.

SHOnUup

Quote from: glock-coma on June 14, 2015, 02:12:04 PM

Quote from: SHOnUup on June 14, 2015, 02:05:15 PM
I really like it.
Haha...thx.

Rich

Lol,That's pretty good, it will prob work only once though.
How hard were they to remove? Was the chrome spear in place durning removal/installation?
I would think you would have to bend it slightly outward to install.
Pretty easy. Toughest part was removing center of 3 bulbs from the surround(outer lights)...that damn bulb didn't want to spin without a set of pliers.

Had to remove inside liner on trunk lid to access the inners. 2 nuts(10 mm) each light and that chrome strip has a tab to push out on the end. With that released it slides out pretty easy with very little need to bend chrome strip.

1/4 panel ones(outers) real easy, 2 clips and pull down liner, 3 nuts (11mm deep well) and done...besides that bulb

Rich

glock-coma

Nice. I might attempt this soon.
The red plasti-dip I put on the chrome last year is starting to peel a little.

ZSHO

The car overall looks great buddy,guess that recent 12.42 gave you that additional BOOOOST of motivation followed by the inspiration to even do better in the long run,THAT IS COMMITMENT,sweet.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Thanks Z...looks are starting to catch up with the FreakSHO performances at the track.

Rich

wasinger3000

First datalog with a touch screen laptop was a life changer lol. So much easier.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOdded on June 15, 2015, 10:48:06 AM
What is your current setup, wasinger?
Using a Samsung 880z. Last of the thin and powerful imo. All the newest ones use ultra book version of the i7 which are gutless, running lower clock speeds and do not offer hyperthreading. As well as not offer dedicated graphics.

I'm using an ssd and 16gb of ram as well. Seems to produce a zero lag workspace for datalogs now.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 15, 2015, 11:22:14 AM
Using a Samsung 880z. Last of the thin and powerful imo. All the newest ones use ultra book version of the i7 which are gutless, running lower clock speeds and do not offer hyperthreading. As well as not offer dedicated graphics.

I'm using an ssd and 16gb of ram as well. Seems to produce a zero lag workspace for datalogs now.
Since you have all that ram, get a ramdrive and drop sct into it.

10x the speed of ssd.

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on June 15, 2015, 12:23:22 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 15, 2015, 11:22:14 AM

Since you have all that ram, get a ramdrive and drop sct into it.

10x the speed of ssd.
Not a bad idea but I don't think livelink is pushing that much data. When I'm away from home I like to edit video in PP and I usually use all of my ram doing that. :(