• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

Finally tuned!   Car seems more responsive and ready to pounce.   Feel either wheel spin or shifting on the 1-2. Might need Torrie to reduce shift pressure,  not sure what he put on my 91 octane 3bar tune.

Going to take to a track in next week hopefully.   Shooting for mid 13s at a track at 5000'.

Hope to get my Corsa exhaust installed this month....
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

Quote from: PokerMunkee on May 02, 2015, 09:39:37 PM
Finally tuned!   Car seems more responsive and ready to pounce.   Feel either wheel spin or shifting on the 1-2. Might need Torrie to reduce shift pressure,  not sure what he put on my 91 octane 3bar tune.

Going to take to a track in next week hopefully.   Shooting for mid 13s at a track at 5000'.

Finally getting that car up to speed! That exhaust might have a few layers of dust on it by now.. hah.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

Quote from: PokerMunkee on May 02, 2015, 08:10:51 PM
Looks like I definitely have SP534s.  I'm keeping them in and tuning the beotch tonight!

I'll change plugs in 10k miles when she hits 30k if no issues arise.....wish me luck.  I'll post back.
Munkee the 13 SHO originally came with the SP-528 which are platinum plugs,the updated SP-534 are iriduim plugs which are better and alreadt come pre-gapped at 0.30,the part #on the body of the plugs have not changed,only the electrode on the plug was updated to iriduim,your original plugs could have mixed and improper gapping that could be causing some of your issues. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Congrats on the tuning plunge!

When loading a fresh tune, I'd drive normal (no wot as normal can vary)for the first 10-20 miles. Let the car learn the shifts at mid throttle for a few before getting on it.

I noticed if I get right into it after flashing tune the shift is more of a hard click...don't want to say bang, because it's not that harsh....

If I ease it in it just chirps the tires into 2nd.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

panther427

Welcome to the club buddy. Was it worth the long wait of winter.. I kept mine tuned all winter with the blizzaks on of course :)

The shifting calms down really quickly. If you drive it to work normally even wot once moving by the time you head home the 1-2 shift will have stabillized and be smooth again.

Are you going to Pueblo or Bandi?? if you go to bandi text me and see if i can meet up with you.
2013 SHO

PokerMunkee

panther:

Probably Pueblo first. It's closer and 1000' lower in elevation.  Once I get the car dialed in and data logged, I'll come up to Bandi and meet you. 

Z:

Thanks for the info, that makes sense.  I'll replace the plugs once I get my garage back (full of contractor tools for our remodel).  I also need a few more tools.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

Congrats on the tune, PM!  Hope it breaks in real good for ya!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Just bought 15 gallons of methanol. Price has doubled since last fall. >:(
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

bpd1151

Not uncommon for it to flucuate.

I've paid on the low end $29 for a 5gal pail & on the high end $46 for the same.

I did price out a 55gal drum @ $220. Which makes way more economical sense, but again, since it's actual use is contingent on the individual's right foot, not everyone may desire such a large amount.

SHOman04 always busted my chops for my Meth habit.

Like the fluctuating price point(s), my "habit" also ebbs & flows. Haha

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I rather take the increase in price rather than the EPA sticking its nose in especially now a days and regulating any changes on sales or manufacturing such a product. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 06, 2015, 01:08:20 AM
Not uncommon for it to flucuate.

I've paid on the low end $29 for a 5gal pail & on the high end $46 for the same.

I did price out a 55gal drum @ $220. Which makes way more economical sense, but again, since it's actual use is contingent on the individual's right foot, not everyone may desire such a large amount.

SHOman04 always busted my chops for my Meth habit.

Like the fluctuating price point(s), my "habit" also ebbs & flows. Haha
Well I guess my cost is nothing to complain about. I paid 3.50 a gallon yesterday. Comes straight out of the VP drum. I should have bought a drum last year since it was around 1.20 a gallon.

Wilson

For those curious, yes you can do 22's on H&Rs...like a glove!!! :D

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

FoMoCoSHO

SHOdded

Quote from: Wilson on May 07, 2015, 03:35:20 PM
For those curious, yes you can do 22's on H&Rs...like a glove!!! :D
Nice!  Shop or personal space?