• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on April 18, 2015, 08:39:00 AM
I had the car at the dealer yesterday for a couple of issues and mainly for an intermittent clunk sound coming from the rear,especially on bumps but unfortunetly could not duplicate the sound mainly due to the rain,but the good part was the senior tech is a buddy of mine and was able to get a fairly good amount of oil buildup out of the CAC which was a good thing,the great and important part is you can really hear those turbo's spool alot louder know,guess the oil builup really had an effect,cause even the throttle response is better,at just hitting 23k on her its a cheap effective preventative maintenance which many should consider.Z
At least the trip wasn't for not...anything loose in the trunk. I know when I had the netting up and carried a can of fix a flat in that net....it would make a nice clunk at random times. No clunk since moving.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

glock-coma

Quote from: DakotaSHO on April 17, 2015, 02:42:51 PM
Got the new 255/45/20 general gmax tires installed (what a difference from the old crappy mx4's lol) and then ran into a mazdaspeed 3 as we were both getting onto the interstate, we raced from a 30mph roll up to ~100 and I put 3 cars on him

Don't be afraid to crank up the air pressure in the gmax. I have the same size and just started putting 38psi instead of the sticker recommend 34. It made a huge difference in ride and handling. They're rated up to 51 psi max.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

Something loose in the trunk (as Rich said) or suspension would be my vote too, Z!  Glad they got the CAC taken care of :thumb: Any idea what that gunk looked like?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 18, 2015, 10:51:14 AM
Something loose in the trunk (as Rich said) or suspension would be my vote too, Z!  Glad they got the CAC taken care of :thumb: Any idea what that gunk looked like?
Thanks -MANU AND RICH,sorry for the late reply,was just trying to troubleshoot this noise and it seems to be coming from the rear shade visor,when its up its hitting the rear window when going over bumps,think there is like a rubber stopper at each corner of the shade which is wearing out i believe,will keep you updated.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 18, 2015, 10:51:14 AM
I guess it looked like a brown color,heres a little video which the tech was able to tape,used a compressor type suction to get some out of the CAC.Z   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urMO7Z5d02k

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Definitely a mix of something!  Not as vivid as JimiJak's catchcan offerings thankfully LOL!  You still have warranty, right, would take care of the rear shade rattle?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

Cleaned my wheels :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ShoBoat

And cleaned my wheels

JK installing my calliper covers lol

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOnUup

Oooh...caliper covers...pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ShoBoat

Quote from: SHOnUup on April 26, 2015, 06:45:30 PM

Rich

Here u go.

SHOnUup

Quote from: ShoBoat on April 26, 2015, 06:54:27 PM

Quote from: SHOnUup on April 26, 2015, 06:45:30 PM

Rich

Here u go.

Very nice...man those thing look nice

Rich

ShoBoat

SHOdded

ShoBoat

New shoes!

ZSHO

Quote from: ShoBoat on May 01, 2015, 05:39:09 PM
New shoes!

The tires really look great on there,more of an oval sidewall compared to the eagles f1. Z