• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on March 30, 2015, 10:08:49 AM
Quote from: PokerMunkee on March 29, 2015, 11:04:15 PM
Spent a hour with the SHO today.  Took off all 6 coils to check for oil.  Didn't find a drop.  Car is at 18k miles.  Think it's good to go or could I still have a faulty valve cover seal in the future?

Going to pull the trigger now and get a tune.  Already have the 3BAR, just need new plugs. 

Where is everyone buying the SP534 plugs?
I'm running the denso TT plugs. I like them.
http://densott.com/
I recall when i first changed my plugs,they had the original MC-SP-528 which were platinum,then later they updated to the SP-534 which are irriduim and better quality,you can refer to your owners manuel.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Has anyone tested between a paper filter and the drop in k&n or afe filters on our cars?
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

glock-coma

I'm pretty sure fomocosho is running a  paper filter.
I had to clean my k&n drop in a few days ago. I put the factory paper in temporarily. It definitely felt and sounded  "different". Not bad, but just different if that makes any sense.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: glock-coma on March 30, 2015, 01:23:04 PM
I had to clean my k&n drop in a few days ago. I put the factory paper in temporarily. It definitely felt and sounded  "different". Not bad, but just different if that makes any sense.
That is correct. After reading some filtration testing I decided this was the best route. Didn't seem to limit the old girl any, so I'm rollin stock.

SHOdded

How much difference are you seeing between ambient and IAT, FoMoCoSHO?  Enough to consider thermal taping the inside of the stock air box? :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PokerMunkee

Just ordered a SCT4 from Torrie!

Let the fun begin.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

panther427

Quote from: PokerMunkee on March 30, 2015, 01:53:31 PM

Let the fun begin.

CONGRATS MAN>>> YOU WILL BE A HAPPY HAPPY CUSTOMER
2013 SHO

SHOdded

Let the fun begin.
Hope it all goes smoothly, PM, good luck!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Let the fun begin.
Awesome! If you need help setting up a data log let me know. I made a how to video.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 30, 2015, 01:35:13 PM
That is correct. After reading some filtration testing I decided this was the best route. Didn't seem to limit the old girl any, so I'm rollin stock.
Are you using the Motorcraft filter or another brand? I ask because I found the Motorcraft filter pleating is quite a bit shorter than any other brand paper filter.

Being shorter I imagine air flow will be a little better. Less material to travel though the better... I assume.

glock-coma

Quote from: wasinger3000 on March 30, 2015, 02:08:04 PM

Let the fun begin.
Awesome! If you need help setting up a data log let me know. I made a how to video.
I might be asking for data logging help soon. I'm still in the market for a new laptop.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

wasinger3000

Quote from: glock-coma on March 30, 2015, 02:13:54 PM

Quote from: wasinger3000 on March 30, 2015, 02:08:04 PM

Let the fun begin.
I might be asking for data logging help soon. I'm still in the market for a new laptop.
Sure thing. Just let me know when you are ready. I have the configuration file ready on Google drive.

A few laptops I recommend that I've used and find to be a good deal are the lenovo flex 2 i7, lenovo y40/y50/T series, or MSI depending on your budget.

All of the other brands I've used are just so flimsy and cheap anymore.

Wojomojo

Feel free to ask me as well. I have a configuration file for data logging that Torrie set up for me that I can send to anyone who needs it. Been doing a lot of data logging lately with my new found love (methanol injection).
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on March 30, 2015, 02:11:08 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 30, 2015, 01:35:13 PM
Are you using the Motorcraft filter or another brand? I ask because I found the Motorcraft filter pleating is quite a bit shorter than any other brand paper filter.

Being shorter I imagine air flow will be a little better. Less material to travel though the better... I assume.
Motorcraft...

FoMoCoSHO

Since there was unknown fuel in the tank and I assume it was 87 crapgas, I filled up with Shell V-power and it had an immediate effect on LOR and KR.