• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on March 20, 2015, 11:31:46 AM
Hopefully JAIMIE will chime in soon on BiGMaCs new updated tune.Z.

I got an email this morning early... tunes were done.  12 hour turn around!  Updated the firmware on the MyCal and programmed the 5 new tunes into it... got a change added on the fan turn-on temp so they wouldn't run as much too.
Thanks to Jamie, JT, Anthony, and of course, to Dan.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 20, 2015, 02:50:48 PM

I got an email this morning early... tunes were done.  12 hour turn around!  Updated the firmware on the MyCal and programmed the 5 new tunes into it... got a change added on the fan turn-on temp so they wouldn't run as much too.
Thats great news there,just in time for the weekend so you can test her out and hopefully everything exceeds your expectations.Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on March 20, 2015, 03:17:29 PM

Thats great news there,just in time for the weekend so you can test her out and hopefully everything exceeds your expectations.Z.

Hopefully!... I did reload the old tune...which works better now that my fuel pump works... It turns out that at least in the '13+ SHOs the ECU can learn backwards or forwards... so even with the new software the dealer put on it... I just reinstalled the 3BAR, loaded the tune and drove.  The updated stock tune is in the MyCal now as it can be downloaded.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

ZSHO

I honestly did want to mention that in several events here on the forum including your situation,cause if something went wrong i would of felt real bad,vause back on 10/13 the dealer refashed and reprogrammed the PCM, a buddy of mine which is a senior tech made sure that my car was in stock mode,after finishing the process he said when you go home all you have to do is dump your tune back in,that rewrites the PCM,the vehicle goes through the same programming process regarsless if the dealer does it or you do it with your programmer.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Livernois Motorsports

I apologize for the long turn around time, as I have been engulfed with responsibilities related to me building our new website. I tried to stay in constant contact with the tuner as best as possible. Stupid meetings and spreadsheets.....

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on March 20, 2015, 04:59:07 PM
I honestly did want to mention that in several events here on the forum including your situation,cause if something went wrong i would of felt real bad,vause back on 10/13 the dealer refashed and reprogrammed the PCM, a buddy of mine which is a senior tech made sure that my car was in stock mode,after finishing the process he said when you go home all you have to do is dump your tune back in,that rewrites the PCM,the vehicle goes through the same programming process regarsless if the dealer does it or you do it with your programmer.

As a word of my own caution and LME advice... Ford updated the car's software for a reason... I don't know what that is, but my new tunes are the same parameters as before other than the fan temp changes.  I will be flashing the ECM tonight.... Anthony expressed the same sentiment from LME to me.  Just an FYI to guys who are as lazy as I am, LOL.

BiGMaC

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on March 20, 2015, 05:58:46 PM

I apologize for the long turn around time, as I have been engulfed with responsibilities related to me building our new website. I tried to stay in constant contact with the tuner as best as possible. Stupid meetings and spreadsheets.....

Jamie... hope you're being facetious, LOL... You guys did great! I'm thrilled at the 12 hour time (most of which it was night time)... which would have been shorter if I had checked my email earlier... It's all good!
BTW, I love the shifts in v8 3BAR versions!

BiGMaC

Well, I loaded my revised tunes and took a rural drive... I really love a fresh tune and the crispness of the shifts!.. without launch get a bit of wheel chirp at WOT take off, 1-2 and 2-3.... always shut her down by then due to speed...and  the fan temp adjustment maintained temp185-190 while i was beating on her with about 180-182 normal driving (ambient about 84 degrees), but now I can start her without the fans coming on... end of the current saga.

ZSHO

Jamie from LME said to extend his Apologies to BiGMaC,it would of been done sooner but was tied up with a new website.Z.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

southtxSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 20, 2015, 01:31:23 AM
Looks super!

IMHO, if I may, you should darken those windows.
They are dark , don't look too dark in that pic though .

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

southtxSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on March 20, 2015, 09:05:43 AM
I finally had a chance to wash her up yesterday and threw a quick glaze in order to preserve the wax,find out today there expecting another snow storm,oh well!!!!
Wow !!! Great job !
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

ZSHO

Quote from: southtxSHO on March 21, 2015, 01:48:15 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 20, 2015, 09:05:43 AM
I finally had a chance to wash her up yesterday and threw a quick glaze in order to preserve the wax,find out today there expecting another snow storm,oh well!!!!
Wow !!! Great job !
Thanks for the comment,hope mine looks as pristine condition as yours in a couple years,great job and great way to start the spring season and many more to come.Z.

ZSHO

I had the car at the dealer this morning to try to correct this annoying brake squeak thats been happening for quite sometime know,personally have good relations with my dealer and they replaced both front rotors under warranty,found rotors to be glazed and thats what was contributing the noise when stopping at slow speeds,had to pay 50.00 for new brake pads and must say the braking is signficantly improved .Z.