• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on January 29, 2015, 11:16:44 AM
I ordered new 1/4 clamps for the vacuum hoses but also primarily for the wastegate hose which to me the original and aftermarket ones clamps do not have a secure hold on the hoses,basically ordered the 1/4 t-bolt style clamps for reassurance purposes,right know its just to cold to put them on,purchased a couple of boxes,maybe i will give one to BigMac to match his other set of t-bolt clamps,also for those who are not sure which map sensor to swap from 2-bar to 3-bar,its located right on top of the manifold on the pic.

Z... Love to know where you got them!  I will admit that my goal is to change all my underhood tubing (except air handling) to black SS mesh hose with black AN fittings... But ....I do think the clamps you have will look great and be better clamps.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 29, 2015, 02:51:09 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on January 29, 2015, 11:16:44 AM
I ordered new 1/4 clamps for the vacuum hoses but also primarily for the wastegate hose which to me the original and aftermarket ones clamps do not have a secure hold on the hoses,basically ordered the 1/4 t-bolt style clamps for reassurance purposes,right know its just to cold to put them on,purchased a couple of boxes,maybe i will give one to BigMac to match his other set of t-bolt clamps,also for those who are not sure which map sensor to swap from 2-bar to 3-bar,its located right on top of the manifold on the pic.

Z... Love to know where you got them!  I will admit that my goal is to change all my underhood tubing (except air handling) to black SS mesh hose with black AN fittings... But ....I do think the clamps you have will look great and be better clamps.
Tom they come ten in a box,really nice quality all purpose clamps to ensure that no hose will come off,especially the hose for the wastegate,with a history of these hoses poping off,a little safeguard in preventative maintenance. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040CWZR0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on January 29, 2015, 04:25:46 PM
Aww no prime shipping... dang. Lol.
Depending on the order sometimes not having to pay tax compromises for the free shipping.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on January 29, 2015, 07:18:39 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on January 29, 2015, 04:25:46 PM
Aww no prime shipping... dang. Lol.
Depending on the order sometimes not having to pay tax compromises for the free shipping.
Too true!... AP is designed to make money, not to help the buyer... not saying it's bad, just was designed to be a moneymaker.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

wasinger3000

I like getting things in 2 days. Most of the time I pay for overnight hah. I'm a student so prime cost me $49 a year instead of the $99.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

BiGMaC

Quote from: wasinger3000 on January 29, 2015, 08:46:48 PM
I like getting things in 2 days. Most of the time I pay for overnight hah. I'm a student so prime cost me $49 a year instead of the $99.

AAHHhhhh... IC, the plot unfolds!  LOL

sweetair

I got a new set of sneakers for,the girl. Went with  Michelin sport A/S3's. Digging them right now and the alignment too.  Really enjoy have some tread on my tires. The super car tires lasted a mere 20k.

southtxSHO

Quote from: sweetair on February 23, 2015, 10:18:51 PM
I got a new set of sneakers for,the girl. Went with  Michelin sport A/S3's. Digging them right now and the alignment too.  Really enjoy have some tread on my tires. The super car tires lasted a mere 20k.
Nice ..... how much they total out to , if you don't mind me asking ....
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

BiGMaC

For those that don't know... I had may car in the shop for about 24 hours after a CEL was thrown, I found 3 DTCs (P0627, P0087, and U46B), and the engine died in the road yesterday during rush hour when I was taking it in... these codes are related to the LPFP, low fuel rail pressure, and a communication code from the fuel pump module.

I learned 2 things in the last 24 hours... #1) 300CHP will be dangerous in the Focus RS (my rental) and I fear many will follow the Hellcat path.... and as I drove home today... #2) The SHO in stock tune is still pretty much of a beast! ...and still made me smile...BIG!    ;D

Turns out two parts were defective... The HPFP was OK.  So for those of you keeping track... here's what happened and the part numbers plus some info that may be of use:

First, the LPFP and sender assembly (PN DA5Z*9H307*F) as well as the gasket set (PN 4L3Z*9276*AA) were replaced after CON Code 42 and DTC P0627 were found as well as raised command voltage to the LPFP.  BTW the LPFP is no  longer inside the gas tank, at least not on a '13, I learned. They specifically told me they did not have to enter the gas tank for access....it's on the driver's side of the tank now.

Then they test drove it... and the engine died at a stoplight.   ...Back to the shop and found the LP fuel system testing failed. Specifically, testing the power at the LPFP again revealed the the  fuel pump module (PNAA8Z*9D307*B 20140704) intermittently the voltage sent from it to the LPFP was not raising as it should for a given throttle position.  This was replaced.

Road tested again... they put 50 miles on the car (OK by me).  All found completely functional.... The Low fuel rail pressure was corrected, and was apparently due to lack of fuel getting to the HPFP
I tested a bit myself on the way home, but it started raining and was rush hour, so I calmed down and drove like a good little boy. ::)

They also did an update of the ECU... I checked after I got home as this was not on the work order... I had a new strategy code and a new software ID (due to Ford update)... I have talked on the phone with Jamie and JT at LMS and I'll send them an email tonight with the info and get a new version of the v8 tune (with my mods of course).  I also discussed changing the fan turn on temps...turns out Dan uses a different sensor than the ones I've seen reported from Torque and Aeroforce  (all the info i could get)... and he uses 140 degrees cut on in the T-stat adjustment.... anyway he said they can adjust that from distance... so I will ask him to go to 160 degrees (same as the thermostat opening temp) and see what happens.  I also discussed a 50-75 rpm increase in idle speed, which they thought would be OK, due to just the slightest hint of drone at idle once the engine enters closed loop operation.  All good news.  :thumb:

Finally... Back to the Ford house saga... they also replaced my rear interior door handle assemblies under the new recall, replaced my LP lights under that recall...and last, but not least they put a brand new battery in the SHO because it tested weak on one cell during the multipoint inspection.  When the LP lamps were replaced they didn't transfer the LED bulbs.... My service advisor is GREAT... Shane went dumpster diving and retrieved them... what a man!  :bow:  You can bet he'll get high praise by name on the Ford survey!  :no1:

The bill for all the parts, labor, new battery and a rental car (Focus SE) that beat on a bit during 200 miles driving was ZERO...NADDA... $0.00... I am very pleased to say the least.   ;D :coolgleam: :lol:

I can hardly wait for the tune update and the rain to stop... but we only get about 8-12 inches a year... i also learned that the MDesign CAI doesn't ingest water! 

ZSHO

I honestly was ready to go to sleep until i saw your post,so glad you resolved your main issues so fast and great to see her back at the stable,didnt you have a similiar issue last fall,best of luck to you and hopefully Jaimie from LME can speed up the process for you,he is a really good guy,good luck and keep us updated and let me know if i could be in any assistance.Z.

PokerMunkee

Damn, that's quite the ordeal.  I hope I don't have issues with my SHO.  If I start to have issues, I'm going back to leasing a new car every 3 years, probably a new Legacy.  I just don't have time for car issues.  10 months and 13k miles, no real issues.  Hopefully after I tune it and put an exhaust on, she continues to be reliable.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

BiGMaC

Quote from: PokerMunkee on March 18, 2015, 10:52:20 PM
Damn, that's quite the ordeal.  I hope I don't have issues with my SHO.  If I start to have issues, I'm going back to leasing a new car every 3 years, probably a new Legacy.  I just don't have time for car issues.  10 months and 13k miles, no real issues.  Hopefully after I tune it and put an exhaust on, she continues to be reliable.
Actually the only bad part was not having my hotrod for 24 hours... my dealer is great... no tune issues, the battery was over two years old...and the Phoenix heat eats batteries.  I have checked and the failure was random rather than a trend. I've been tuned for about 14K miles now.  No car is perfect.  I have 70K free maintenance and BTB warty left... came with the car!

BiGMaC

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 18, 2015, 10:10:42 PM
For those that don't know... I had may car in the shop for about 24 hours after a CEL was thrown, I found 3 DTCs (P0627, P0087, and U46B), and the engine died in the road yesterday during rush hour when I was taking it in... these codes are related to the LPFP, low fuel rail pressure, and a communication code from the fuel pump module.

I learned 2 things in the last 24 hours... #1) 300CHP will be dangerous in the Focus RS (my rental) and I fear many will follow the Hellcat path.... and as I drove home today... #2) The SHO in stock tune is still pretty much of a beast! ...and still made me smile...BIG!    ;D

Turns out two parts were defective... The HPFP was OK.  So for those of you keeping track... here's what happened and the part numbers plus some info that may be of use:

First, the LPFP and sender assembly (PN DA5Z*9H307*F) as well as the gasket set (PN 4L3Z*9276*AA) were replaced after CON Code 42 and DTC P0627 were found as well as raised command voltage to the LPFP.  BTW the LPFP is no  longer inside the gas tank, at least not on a '13, I learned. They specifically told me they did not have to enter the gas tank for access....it's on the driver's side of the tank now.

Then they test drove it... and the engine died at a stoplight.   ...Back to the shop and found the LP fuel system testing failed. Specifically, testing the power at the LPFP again revealed the the  fuel pump module (PNAA8Z*9D307*B 20140704) intermittently the voltage sent from it to the LPFP was not raising as it should for a given throttle position.  This was replaced.

Road tested again... they put 50 miles on the car (OK by me).  All found completely functional.... The Low fuel rail pressure was corrected, and was apparently due to lack of fuel getting to the HPFP
I tested a bit myself on the way home, but it started raining and was rush hour, so I calmed down and drove like a good little boy. ::)

They also did an update of the ECU... I checked after I got home as this was not on the work order... I had a new strategy code and a new software ID (due to Ford update)... I have talked on the phone with Jamie and JT at LMS and I'll send them an email tonight with the info and get a new version of the v8 tune (with my mods of course).  I also discussed changing the fan turn on temps...turns out Dan uses a different sensor than the ones I've seen reported from Torque and Aeroforce  (all the info i could get)... and he uses 140 degrees cut on in the T-stat adjustment.... anyway he said they can adjust that from distance... so I will ask him to go to 160 degrees (same as the thermostat opening temp) and see what happens.  I also discussed a 50-75 rpm increase in idle speed, which they thought would be OK, due to just the slightest hint of drone at idle once the engine enters closed loop operation.  All good news.  :thumb:

Finally... Back to the Ford house saga... they also replaced my rear interior door handle assemblies under the new recall, replaced my LP lights under that recall...and last, but not least they put a brand new battery in the SHO because it tested weak on one cell during the multipoint inspection.  When the LP lamps were replaced they didn't transfer the LED bulbs.... My service advisor is GREAT... Shane went dumpster diving and retrieved them... what a man!  :bow:  You can bet he'll get high praise by name on the Ford survey!  :no1:

The bill for all the parts, labor, new battery and a rental car (Focus SE) that beat on a bit during 200 miles driving was ZERO...NADDA... $0.00... I am very pleased to say the least.   ;D :coolgleam: :lol:

I can hardly wait for the tune update and the rain to stop... but we only get about 8-12 inches a year... i also learned that the MDesign CAI doesn't ingest water! 

Manu raised a good question...  "Not much by the way of useful reporting around the web where the fuel pump is concerned. No news is good news? BTW, if the LPFP is outside the tank, how is it cooled? Is it more vulnerable to the temp swings in Phoenix/AZ?"   
I didn't think to ask that question Manu... I was just so glad to have the car back quickly and no hassles.  Good question.  I'll try to get an answer.

ZSHO

I recall last fall when you mentioned a similiar issue you where having especially when making turns i recall,personally would give that dealer an A+++++for troubleshooting that issue so fast and accurate,my dealer had to order the parts for both recalls(door handle and license plate assembly)cause they did not have them in stock,great to see a happy camper.Z.