• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtxSHO

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 12, 2014, 09:49:14 PM
Changed out the ring clamps for SS T-clamps on the MDesign CAI install... I think it's an improvement, at least matches the other new plumbing.  compare to earlier pics or to the ring clamp on the saxophone. Left click to enlarge pics.

Man, that intake is GORGEOUS installed, especially with the upgraded hardware.

Great job Spartn27!

BiGMaC

Thanks FoMoCo!
You know.... just noticed that I need to reverse the CF connector housing the intake sensor so the CF grain matches!... But see the big space created to the side of the intake... where my meth reservoir will eventually go...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 14, 2014, 03:39:39 PM
Thanks FoMoCo!
You know.... just noticed that I need to reverse the CF connector housing the intake sensor so the CF grain matches!... But see the big space created to the side of the intake... where my meth reservoir will eventually go...
Tom any trouble reaching the IAT sensor and connector?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on December 14, 2014, 04:09:21 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on December 14, 2014, 03:39:39 PM
Thanks FoMoCo!
Tom any trouble reaching the IAT sensor and connector?

Z.... I had to open the wiring harness and free up another inch of slack to be happy (rewrapped with tape afterward), but the wire reached without that.  I also used the grommet Ahmad sent with the kit as the press fit was very tight.. if I change anything there I will add just a dab of clear silicon sealant, but smoke testing showed no leaks now.. you can see the wire in the last pics I posted, on the engine side of the intake.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

BiGMaC

Detailed her and did 303 on all vinyl in and out, did leather etc.....

shonup found this link for beefing up the SHO tranny... I have a phone call arranged for tomorrow with them just to check it out... check out the article from this summer...
anyone know this company... http://etereman.com/blog/ford-transmission-2/turn-6f55-transmission-taurus-sho-real-performer

Also check out the rear and side ground effects on the blue SHO shown in the article.

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 14, 2014, 09:02:14 PM

shonup found this link for beefing up the SHO tranny... I have a phone call arranged for tomorrow with them just to check it out... check out the article from this summer...
anyone know this company... http://etereman.com/blog/ford-transmission-2/turn-6f55-transmission-taurus-sho-real-performer

Also check out the rear and side ground effects on the blue SHO shown in the article.
Very interesting article there found by Rich,we should appreciate our SHO fully made in USA,not like the earlier stangs with the tranny made in china with issues.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

peppelepugh

2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHOnUup

What I like most about the article, is the last paragraph where it talks about upgraded internals for the trans!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Rich again awesome article,in regards to the shift kit,would consult with LMS if they are aware of the kit and there knowledge and if the tunes are compatible and even better yet benefit to having an adjusted tune primarily for the kit,this is only my opinion to safguard the trans because it already has firmer shifting points,or does the tune adjust its own parameters,LMS also makes modified trans for the stang,so basically would consult with them before making the purchase,only my opinion.

SHOnUup

ZSHO, thanks for the concern. The shift kit sounds cool, but I'm eagerly awaiting BigMac's info from his scheduled call this morning. Fingers are crossed that we've found a place with aftermarket trans, or at least a place willing to work on it. This would be huge for a few guys out there with heavy mods and built motors. May entice others to go big being able to harness that power!

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on December 15, 2014, 10:22:52 AM
ZSHO, thanks for the concern. The shift kit sounds cool, but I'm eagerly awaiting BigMac's info from his scheduled call this morning. Fingers are crossed that we've found a place with aftermarket trans, or at least a place willing to work on it. This would be huge for a few guys out there with heavy mods and built motors. May entice others to go big being able to harness that power!

Rich Great stuff there,met Rich196 at the track a while back and really got that itch for the meth system,really cool guy he said he installed it himself.

Wilson

Were you able to call?
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

BiGMaC

Quote from: Wilson on December 16, 2014, 09:08:40 AM

Were you able to call?

Wilson.... Well, despite the claims I was told that they don't work on customized cars, wished me luck, and stated  they would offer no warranty if they did work on a performance modded car... This was by email. I plan to try a direct call them directly. Disappointing, but one more small step taken. Keep looking!

Manu has some great references on our transmission's functioning. I have posted them with his comments below.

He posted once:
Sonnax claims to fix "known problems in the 6F50/55" with this kit:
www.sonnax.com/parts/3743

Ford's core return guidelines:
www.fordparts.com/FileUploads/CMSFiles/TransmissionInstructionSheets_6F35-6F50-6F55_FCS-8431-AA.pdf

A nice little read on torque converter/stall speed in general:
www.sonnax.com/articles/90-High-Performance-Converters-Stall-Speed-Core-Selection-and-More

SHOnUup

Being rained out on a deck job today, I got to see the FedEx guy pull up the driveway. That's such a good feeling.

Rich