• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

The Case of the Vanishing Caliper ... nice!  How did you affect the color change?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Stock tune sounds like best thing for slippery roads.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

New rotors too? Did you paint those also? Looks 10 x better!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

IHeartGroceries

Oh, I like that. I'm a fan of making them more subtle, as opposed to bright colors, like red.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

Sinister-CO

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on November 17, 2014, 04:56:47 PM
Couple of pics. This is after some snow has melted and its warmed up to 21°. I've also put my 2 bar back in and reverted back to stock. It just doesn't seem like it handles like it should in the snow with the tune (idles and revs/shifts), so far its been better back at stock so I'll be running stock till spring most likely.
Have you tried snow mode? Works great for us and a simple turn takes you back to fun time.
2015 Explorer Sport
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
2003 V-Rod - Black/Silver Anniversary Edition
1987 Grand National - High 11's at altitude

FPO

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 17, 2014, 06:35:36 PM
New rotors too? Did you paint those also? Looks 10 x better!

Rich

used duplicolor caliper paint ( the kind you brush on)
painted rotor insides and edge
  well worth the effort.

Just ordered these today  along with some blizzaks     should make getting around this winter a little bit easier.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

Cleaned mine up, including the interior, which hadn't been done since spring. It was FILTHY. It was nice climbing into the cockpit this morning.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

FPO

New Winter Wheels / & Blizzaks

southtxSHO

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

Airbornemaikai

Quote from: FPO on November 21, 2014, 09:05:54 PM

Looking good. What did you pay for that wheel & tire setup? Those 18s?
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

FPO

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on November 22, 2014, 12:15:17 AM

Quote from: FPO on November 21, 2014, 09:05:54 PM

Looking good. What did you pay for that wheel & tire setup? Those 18s?

Yeah they are 18s
Should ride a bit better than the stockers too with the taller sidewall.

Was $1400 out the door for  the set  , new sensors, lugs.   Etc

Airbornemaikai

Nice. I got the Yokohama prada spec x and they were better on the street this summer than the stocks but the stocks were better in the snow. Next year I'm definitely getting me some dedicated snow wheels and tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

FPO

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on November 22, 2014, 01:18:37 AM
Nice. I got the Yokohama prada spec x and they were better on the street this summer than the stocks but the stocks were better in the snow. Next year I'm definitely getting me some dedicated snow wheels and tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have blizzaks on my Mustang GT   it rocked last winter in the snow,  I got around better than a lot of suv's   :)

FPO