• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on October 01, 2014, 10:06:56 PM
Put the ride back to tune mode this morning after an inspection,first thing i'v noticed was the car felt like it was easier to brake,stop,maybe the V8 TUNE played a role in it regarding the downshifting making alot easier to stop.

I believe it contains a pattern that Dan at LME described to me as "grade assist".  It was originally designed to aid speed control and save brakes on downhill rolls. We discussed it on the phone and he explained a change in the downshift pattern at certain speeds with v8 and the newer 4x tunes.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

wasinger3000

Quote from: ZSHO on October 01, 2014, 07:46:27 PM
I know October is upon us,first we have creaking  door handles and for a while know the squeack when rolling the windows up and down is annoying,even the 14 taurus loaner they gave me had the same squeak.
I fixed the creaking door handles the other day. What a difference, I feel like I'm not opening the lid to a plastic tub now.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on October 03, 2014, 12:40:15 PM
I know October is upon us,first we have creaking  door handles and for a while know the squeack when rolling the windows up and down is annoying,even the 14 taurus loaner they gave me had the same squeak.
I fixed the creaking door handles the other day. What a difference, I feel like I'm not opening the lid to a plastic tub now.
Great to hear that,sometimes the smallest things become annoying,also my drivers seat for a while know has a thumb noise,there is a TSB on that,have to follow up on it,good luck.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Quote from: ZSHO on October 03, 2014, 01:02:35 PM
Great to hear that,sometimes the smallest things become annoying,also my drivers seat for a while know has a thumb noise,there is a TSB on that,have to follow up on it,good luck.
I don't have any seat noise but every once and awhile the door lock actuator in the drivers door will make a lovely groan... hah. I'd take it in for warranty but it's so random they would have to drive it for a month to hear it. So I'll live with it.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

ZSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on October 03, 2014, 01:05:57 PM
I don't have any seat noise but every once and awhile the door lock actuator in the drivers door will make a lovely groan... hah. I'd take it in for warranty but it's so random they would have to drive it for a month to hear it. So I'll live with it.
Every time I go to the dealer,my first complaint is i have a shake doing about 140mph only at that speed,there expressions are priceless,lol.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Quote from: ZSHO on October 03, 2014, 02:14:02 PM
Every time I go to the dealer,my first complaint is i have a shake doing about 140mph only at that speed,there expressions are priceless,lol.
Haha. If i told my dealer that they would have a cop follow me around for the next 3 months.

SHOdded

What was the fix of choice?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on October 03, 2014, 02:14:02 PM
Lol, but had little shake up there too and fixed it with tire change

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOdded on October 03, 2014, 02:49:35 PM
What was the fix of choice?
Well I tried a lot of different stuff like felt tape, thin foam tape. None of the self adhesives worked be use it added to much bulk. So I finally just said... screw it and lined the offending part with thermally conductive silicone and put it on. Worked really well actually. The handle is rock solid and doesn't go cluck when you let go of it as well.

After looking at the sensor inside I'm surprised it wasn't sealed from the factory. There was quite a bit of dirt  that got in and was allowed to enter into the door. Another problem I noticed is during winter time if you wash your car water will get into area and once it freezes it will stretch out the insides of the handle. Which over time will make it feel like a floppy toilet handle. Hah.

wasinger3000

Has anyone though aboit having real Alcantara put on their steering wheel? I'm thinking about having a shop do this. Any thoughts? 

SHOnUup

Quote from: BBOX on October 05, 2014, 09:33:07 AM
Installed Snow Performance Stage 2 kit and updated tune accordingly, returned to OEM intake system for the current moment.
Next level!!! Details on the difference?

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Quote from: BBOX on October 05, 2014, 09:46:51 AM
Early signs are very promising. I didn't get to hammer on the girl too much last night, the install ended up taking substantially longer than anticipated (my buddy is the best damn mechanic I've ever met in my life and his work is meticulous, he won't half-ass things) and I had to boogie home from Milwaukee to get a few hours of sleep before getting up for work today, BUT - it sure feels like it pulls like a goddamn freight train in the middle portion of the RPM range on the base tune, which I imagine is relatively conservative. Very much looking forward to working with Torrie to dial the car in and then go blow some fools' minds.
Sounds promising, time to look for some vettes to hurt some feelings.

Rich

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

BBox, I'm very interested in your results as I fully intend on running this kit in conjunction with the corn.....

SHOdded

Pick up the Airaid only if you intend to create the full seal at the hood.  No point otherwise.