• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on October 01, 2014, 03:06:21 PM
Damn interior door handle spring flew out again. Even after the dealer replaced the latch..... I think it's time I re engineer this stupid ass spring assembly. I know the idea is to keep costs down and make things easy to apply on different assembly lines but come on ford.

The Germans have been making competent door handles for over 60 years. Just copy any one of those. Smh.
Just lost spring in my driver door also. Fingers just slipped off the end at full open and heard a pop, hello little spring. Not looking forward to pulling the door panel off because they never seem to go back on as good.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Quote from: Silkysmooth02 on September 27, 2014, 04:22:34 PM
Changed my interior lights to blue LED,exterior lights to white LED.   Looks "soothing" lol.
Sounds nice....where's the pics?
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 01, 2014, 05:37:05 PM
Damn interior door handle spring flew out again. Even after the dealer replaced the latch..... I think it's time I re engineer this stupid ass spring assembly. I know the idea is to keep costs down and make things easy to apply on different assembly lines but come on ford.

The Germans have been making competent door handles for over 60 years. Just copy any one of those. Smh.
Just lost spring in my driver door also. Fingers just slipped off the end at full open and heard a pop, hello little spring. Not looking forward to pulling the door panel off because they never seem to go back on as good.
I've been lucky enough to not lose mine in the door yet. It just spins inside the plastic housing and makes the handle flop around.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

Time to notify National Customer Service to get the ball rolling on a TSB for the door spring?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

Not looking forward to pulling the door panel off because they never seem to go back on as good.

Ohhhh man, funny how much truth there is to that. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on October 01, 2014, 05:39:28 PM

I've been lucky enough to not lose mine in the door yet. It just spins inside the plastic housing and makes the handle flop around.
Lucky you, it fell out a week ago and I got it back in. But that only lasted a few days as it popped again and fell down into the door. Handle still works, just not very well.

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on October 01, 2014, 05:41:11 PM
Time to notify National Customer Service to get the ball rolling on a TSB for the door spring?
X2

wasinger3000

I'd love to see what kind of quick fix they would come up with.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on October 01, 2014, 05:53:34 PM
Expect some duct tape and superglue in the mail...lol

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 01, 2014, 05:54:26 PM
4 years from now haha.

wasinger3000

Trying to fix another one of those annoying things. The creaking of the door handle when you grab it. :(

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on October 01, 2014, 06:05:04 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on October 01, 2014, 05:54:26 PM
4 years from now haha.
Lol...and only for people with fingers so big...

ZSHO

I know October is upon us,first we have creaking  door handles and for a while know the squeack when rolling the windows up and down is annoying,even the 14 taurus loaner they gave me had the same squeak.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Put the ride back to tune mode this morning after an inspection,first thing i'v noticed was the car felt like it was easier to brake,stop,maybe the V8 TUNE played a role in it regarding the downshifting making alot easier to stop.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|