• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 19, 2014, 03:57:03 PM
All hand applied, still scared to use the wheel myself. I should get one and try on the truck.
Get a DA, (Dual action) pollisher. Makes it so much easier. I can get almost any surface to look like new. Especially those damn b pillars.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

IHeartGroceries

Omg the B pillars. Don't get me started. The dealership clearly attempted to destroy the paint on my car, before I bought it. The most nightmarish areas were the deck lid, spoiler and the piano black plastic s*** on the b pillars. Holgram-o-rama. Don't think I'd have gotten the pillars looking decent again without my DA polisher. Certainly wouldn't have been possible by hand.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on September 19, 2014, 04:17:12 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on September 19, 2014, 03:57:03 PM
All hand applied, still scared to use the wheel myself. I should get one and try on the truck.
Get a DA, (Dual action) pollisher. Makes it so much easier. I can get almost any surface to look like new. Especially those damn b pillars.
Will have to look into one of these. Happy with the finish, but 9 hours total time is a bit much.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

The SHO's a wee bit of a beastie to detail :)  It used to take me 2-3 hrs w/o polishing to do the 92/95, so I can imagine how much more on a Gen IV including polishing time!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOdded on September 19, 2014, 05:08:02 PM
The SHO's a wee bit of a beastie to detail :)  It used to take me 2-3 hrs w/o polishing to do the 92/95, so I can imagine how much more on a Gen IV including polishing time!
Wait till you do an f150. Hah. Sooooo much surface area.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

IHeartGroceries

It takes me forever to even detail the SHO, due to its size, much less any type of TLC with a buffer.
It hasn't been washed all summer, simply becasue it is not possible to wash a black car in the heat of Texas summer. The one time I had a buffer on it was to correct the paint, right after I bought it last November. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

SHOdded

Quote from: wasinger3000 on September 19, 2014, 05:19:29 PM
No kidding!  I have to steel my nerves before starting on the Edge.  Mostly because it's kinda difficult to do the roof, and I know it and the undercarriage are the most neglected parts of the vehicle (out of sight ...)
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on September 19, 2014, 05:25:47 PM
It takes me forever to even detail the SHO, due to its size, much less any type of TLC with a buffer.
It hasn't been washed all summer, simply becasue it is not possible to wash a black car in the heat of Texas summer.
I wish I could say I feel your pain :) but I empathize!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on September 19, 2014, 05:30:25 PM
No kidding!  I have to steel my nerves before starting on the Edge.  Mostly because it's kinda difficult to do the roof, and I know it and the undercarriage are the most neglected parts of the vehicle (out of sight ...)
It hasn't been washed all summer, simply becasue it is not possible to wash a black car in the heat of Texas summer.
I coated my car to avoid this work.... One year in and very happy.  Deep gloss and no scratches even under LED lighting! 

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

But BiGMaC, the touch ... the feel ... of real carnauba!  Seriously, if you can, sealants/coatings are a huge asset for daily-driven vehicles.  For garage queens, we have fine waxes like Pinnacle Souveran :)  Of course, there's no rule that you can't top the sealant/coating with carnauba to give it that glow!

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on September 19, 2014, 10:18:15 PM
But BiGMaC, the touch ... the feel ... of real carnauba!  Seriously, if you can, sealants/coatings are a huge asset for daily-driven vehicles.  For garage queens, we have fine waxes like Pinnacle Souveran :)  Of course, there's no rule that you can't top the sealant/coating with carnauba to give it that glow!
No argument Manu.... But I live in Phx where even garage temps melt Carnuba for 6-8 months out of the year. 

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Pure carnauba melts at around 185F I think, so yeah, that doesn't leave a whole lot of comfort room ...  Sums it up here.

Jake360

BOV to VTA... Well worth the 30 min job.. I will post a video soon..

J-Will

Quote from: SHOdded on September 19, 2014, 05:30:25 PM
I use Adams Polishes Undercarage spray on my wheel wells. It smells like grape cough syrups, and takes a min to dry, but works great!!

FYI- I am an advocate for, but not affiliated with Adam's Polishes. I have switched over and only use their products (with the exception of the foam cannon I use). I will be purchasing their machine polish products this fall in order to perform some needed paint correction on my Stang.
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

Silkysmooth02

Changed my interior lights to blue LED,exterior lights to white LED.   Looks "soothing" lol.
If ur not first, ur last.......mods: BOV VTA conversion,93 Octane 3 bar tune from Unleashed Tuning,  blue LEDs inside, white outside. 2 JBL GTI Mkii 12" subs, Planet Audio BB2400.1, Big 3, kinetic 1200 deep cycle batt.

wasinger3000

Damn interior door handle spring flew out again. Even after the dealer replaced the latch..... I think it's time I re engineer this stupid ass spring assembly. I know the idea is to keep costs down and make things easy to apply on different assembly lines but come on ford.

The Germans have been making competent door handles for over 60 years. Just copy any one of those. Smh.