• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Quote from: 2Canches on August 09, 2014, 10:50:26 AM
My CAC went in last month
Looks massive!  Details?  And that whale back there needs to brush its' teeth :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

2Canches

Quote from: SHOdded on August 09, 2014, 11:38:45 AM
Quote from: 2Canches on August 09, 2014, 10:50:26 AM
My CAC went in last month
Looks massive!  Details?  And that whale back there needs to brush its' teeth :D

Used Wagner from Erick @ LET

O & I installed solo catless O/R down pipes to 3" straight pipe to stock muffler. 

100 miles windows up
http://youtu.be/FAetoLWOTMc

Self explanatory
http://youtu.be/YJ45CJqA3lc

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AlaskaEcoboost

Quote from: SHOdded on August 09, 2014, 05:59:27 AM
We ... need ... pics ...

I posted a picture of the exhaust in the Performance/Exhaust thread. Can't see the new Magnaflow underneath. It's pretty rough on the ears at some points of low throttle and RPM. It sounds great while getting on it a little. My wife may get pissed about this one. I have a feeling she's going to hate it. Any recommendations?
2010 Lincoln MKS - 90 Octane Unleashed Tune (terrible gas in Alaska) - SP534 Plugs - Custom Exhaust - My wife's

2011 F-150 - AEM Air Filter - 5 Star 89 Octane Performance/Tow Tune - SP534 Plugs - My wife's too

PokerMunkee

Quote from: AlaskaEcoboost on August 09, 2014, 04:32:31 PM

Quote from: SHOdded on August 09, 2014, 05:59:27 AM
We ... need ... pics ...

I posted a picture of the exhaust in the Performance/Exhaust thread. Can't see the new Magnaflow underneath. It's pretty rough on the ears at some points of low throttle and RPM. It sounds great while getting on it a little. My wife may get pissed about this one. I have a feeling she's going to hate it. Any recommendations?

Yes, the Corsa exhaust.  No drone.  Mine is showing up via FedEx anytime. 

All other exhausts have drone, which blows in a luxury car like ours.  Been there, done that.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

If the droning sound is of concern, maybe you can build in a resonance tube like wasinger did for his SHO.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,299.msg51569.html#msg51569

Otherwise, the Corsa does sound the best of all the systems tested thoughout the rev range.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2462

wasinger3000

I love my sho.... so far I've put 1000k miles on in Colorado and it's been amazing at so many things. Does great on unexpected loose gravel hill climbs, then beats up on 95% of the cars on the road all while being comfortable on a nice highway drive. It's just a perfect blend.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

jkeblaitis

plasti dipped the chrome around my grille and the back       

2013 SHO, PP, tuxedo black, Airaid cai, LMS 3bar 93 V8 tune, Corsa black tip exhaust

Wilson

Finally got around to installing the 22's I picked up last month (thanks once again Lanson!).  I love the look, although I still feel guilty for cheating on my flower power wheels, lol. Everything fits nice and flush, debating on doing the drop though.

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHOdded

PokerMunkee

Quote from: SHOdded on August 10, 2014, 10:45:47 AM
Looks amazing on-car, nice pick!

Yup, those wheels are baller.  I don't think you need a drop!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: Wilson on August 10, 2014, 10:43:53 AM
Finally got around to installing the 22's I picked up last month (thanks once again Lanson!).  I love the look, although I still feel guilty for cheating on my flower power wheels, lol. Everything fits nice and flush, debating on doing the drop though.

They filled in the wheel gap nicely.
I really like the look. But, this has confirmed my greatest uncertainty - is 22" too big? For me, yes I believe so! Those suckers look gargantuan!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

BiGMaC

Sweet look on the 22's.... What is the rolling diameter compared to the OEM 245/45 R20's?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Wilson

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on August 10, 2014, 11:49:26 AM

They filled in the wheel gap nicely.
I really like the look. But, this has confirmed my greatest uncertainty - is 22" too big? For me, yes I believe so! Those suckers look gargantuan!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

LOL, coming from someone that was going to put 24s on my Limited before I traded it for the SHO, I never thought I'd say it, but I actually don't disagree with you. They are borderline too big for me as well, but I still like it. :) Definitely would not go a millimeter bigger than 22.
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

Wilson

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 10, 2014, 11:55:35 AM
Sweet look on the 22's.... What is the rolling diameter compared to the OEM 245/45 R20's?

Running 265/35/22 which puts me at 29.3" vs 28.7" on the stock flower wheels/tires.

I like how the 22's fill the wheel wells and at full lock turn there's about enough room to swipe a credit card, lol just barely.  I want to try a drop, but I'm not 100% that it could take it honestly.  Maybe if I come across some Eibach's or if Megan ever gets serious about making us some coilovers I'd give it a go, but at this point my dreams of H&R's are pretty much dead in my opinion.

I was never really looking at wheel upgrades because I love the flowers so much, but I wanted to go with a wider tire.  When I came across the deal for these though, it was the tire width I wanted (265) but at the price of buying new tires.  I figured an effectively "free" set of 22's, why not do it. 

Although now for some reason, I feel dirty like I no longer have a SHO, just a Taurus with rims.  I can no longer look my flower wheels in the eye, haha