• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on July 28, 2014, 09:37:11 AM
Had some trouble uploading my brief video of my current setup,Corsa exhaust and PPE catted DP from 4DRHTRD,will try to post a better video soon,go to you tube and type ZSHO EXHAUST OR Zamir lihari,thank you all,and let me know if you find it.
Sounds good...anything with some higher rpm's ?
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Quote from: vernonator on July 28, 2014, 09:20:42 AM
Dropper the SHO off at Iowa Mufflers & Brakes this AM to have the Catless DP's installed (FINALLY).... :)
:thumb:  Pix/vids mandatory!
Quote from: ZSHO on July 28, 2014, 09:37:11 AM
... let me know if you find it.
I see two videos from you on Youtube
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

Changed the oil yesterday, used Pennzoil platinum 5-w30 and fram ultra filter. Happy to report my startup "chatter" is gone.

I used motorcraft and wix the last 2 changes, didn't happen before I changed filters. I'll be sticking with fram from now on.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

Sounds like a good combo for the SHO, glock.  I wonder what could have made the difference!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

Not sure, I've been using Pennzoil  platinum for the last 4 oil changes. Only difference was the filter, I tried motorcraft after reading how good they're supposed to be. Hopefully the chatter noise is gone for good.....time will tell.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

AlaskaEcoboost

AEM Air Filter and new plugs arrived for my F-150, and new plugs arrived for my MKS.  Plugs, valve check, and PCM Strategy update to my F-150 tomorrow.  After I'm current on strategy, I'll be running the 5 Star 89 octane performance tune on my truck. Only have 90 octane available in Anchorage, AK.  Might pick up the MPT 89 performance street tune too. Probably going to tune the MKS soon too.  So this is addicting...  I'm trying to go through all the proper steps and not get ahead of myself.
2010 Lincoln MKS - 90 Octane Unleashed Tune (terrible gas in Alaska) - SP534 Plugs - Custom Exhaust - My wife's

2011 F-150 - AEM Air Filter - 5 Star 89 Octane Performance/Tow Tune - SP534 Plugs - My wife's too

SHOdded

You'll be very busy, AlaskaEB!  Let us know how things turn out, post some pics too!

SHOnUup

Quote from: glock-coma on July 28, 2014, 07:40:26 PM
Changed the oil yesterday, used Pennzoil platinum 5-w30 and fram ultra filter. Happy to report my startup "chatter" is gone.

I used motorcraft and wix the last 2 changes, didn't happen before I changed filters. I'll be sticking with fram from now on.
I thought we were going 5w 20 full syn. Has something changed? Glad the clatter has subsided for ya.
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Quote from: AlaskaEcoboost on July 29, 2014, 12:45:52 AM
AEM Air Filter and new plugs arrived for my F-150, and new plugs arrived for my MKS.  Plugs, valve check, and PCM Strategy update to my F-150 tomorrow.  After I'm current on strategy, I'll be running the 5 Star 89 octane performance tune on my truck. Only have 90 octane available in Anchorage, AK.  Might pick up the MPT 89 performance street tune too. Probably going to tune the MKS soon too.  So this is addicting...  I'm trying to go through all the proper steps and not get ahead of myself.
Good luck. I to am finding this ecoboost addictive in the things it begs to have done to it.

vernonator

Dropped the SHO off at Iowa Mufflers & Brakes this AM to have the Catless DP's installed (FINALLY).... :)

Picked the SHO up after work and my butt dyno says - its quicker. Torque kicks in sooner, seems to pull a bit harder lower in RPM range and it has a bit more growl. Will get a vid w/sound up and plug in Torque to see what I am getting. I would say it was a successful upgrade!!!! Now...what next? Brakes are getting a bit thin....hmmmmmm
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

SHOnUup

Quote from: vernonator on July 29, 2014, 08:43:16 AM
Dropped the SHO off at Iowa Mufflers & Brakes this AM to have the Catless DP's installed (FINALLY).... :)

Picked the SHO up after work and my butt dyno says - its quicker. Torque kicks in sooner, seems to pull a bit harder lower in RPM range and it has a bit more growl. Will get a vid w/sound up and plug in Torque to see what I am getting. I would say it was a successful upgrade!!!! Now...what next? Brakes are getting a bit thin....hmmmmmm
Cool stuff. Looking at same pipe setup, so I'll be looking for the audio. What was the damage for install?

SHOdded

Quote from: vernonator on July 29, 2014, 08:43:16 AM
Power & growl, more, more, more ... :D  Brake opinions are varied, I'll put in a plug for Power Stop, since I upgraded on my Edge after reading shoman's experiences with it.  Working great (and looking good) so far!  I got mine from AutoAnything also, but had to wait for a good price (post-discount) :)

Brucelinc

Vernonator, as a next step, you might want to consider trading in the SCT for a MyCal device and the 4X/3 bar tune.  LMS now requires a 160 thermostat with that so you will want to decide if you want that in your Des Moines climate....

vernonator

I know I am at that point right now - looking at the 3bar sensor and its requirements.

Damage for the install was $183 - charged me 1.5hrs @ $90 plus $35 for user-supplied parts.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

SHOnUup

Quote from: vernonator on July 29, 2014, 11:48:15 AM
I know I am at that point right now - looking at the 3bar sensor and its requirements.

Damage for the install was $183 - charged me 1.5hrs @ $90 plus $35 for user-supplied parts.
That sounds very fair to me.